Blog, Website & Page Publishing

DavidARL

Moving files in file manager

SOLVE

If files are moved in file manager do they break the pre-existing links?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DavidARL,

This is a great question! Organization of the File Manager is great, but if you start off on the wrong foot it can get messy quick.

While I am not 100% certain of my answer here, I will tell you that I tested this with one of our old blog posts. I found an image from a post, moved it from one folder to another, and refreshed said blog post and the image did not break. I also tested this with a PDF file, same result.

That being said, I would test with only a couple of images/files and before I were to move many, I would give it a couple days to be sure that the URLs still work and there isn't some heavy caching going on.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
bethmorgan
Participant

SOLVE

For what it's worth, I tested this and the link doesn't break if you move folders OR change the file name.

0 Upvotes
tracyl
Participant

SOLVE

What was the verdict on this?   What happens if you move files?

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DavidARL,

This is a great question! Organization of the File Manager is great, but if you start off on the wrong foot it can get messy quick.

While I am not 100% certain of my answer here, I will tell you that I tested this with one of our old blog posts. I found an image from a post, moved it from one folder to another, and refreshed said blog post and the image did not break. I also tested this with a PDF file, same result.

That being said, I would test with only a couple of images/files and before I were to move many, I would give it a couple days to be sure that the URLs still work and there isn't some heavy caching going on.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
WAtkins4

SOLVE

While that may be true. If I move a file (image) that has been placed in a template. The template DOES NOT update and the image is broken/does not appear in sequence emails. 

Really wish there way a fix on this... I have hundreds if not close to a thousand templates that now have to all be updated. 

0 Upvotes
DavidARL

SOLVE

Thanks Josh. Will give it a try.

0 Upvotes