Blog, Website & Page Publishing

dgrape
Membre

Moving files in file manager doesn't break the link?

Résolue

I am doing some long overdue cleanup inside hubspot and I have noticed that images etc continue to work even after they are moved. Is this a cache thing? Are the file paths being updated on the back end? Is this going to cause more headaches down the road with broken links? 

I have seen this answered but only with anecdotal evidence, is there an official definition of what is happening?

Thanks,

Derek

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @dgrape,

HubSpot will automatically redirect the old file path to the new destination. (You can verify this with a test file: Copy the URL of the file, move it to a folder, copy the new URL. Both the old and new URL are functional.)

It's a bit hard to find but this behavior is also mentioned and explained at the very end of this knowledge base article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/files/move-a-file-between-folders-in-the-file-manager

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 Réponse
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @dgrape,

HubSpot will automatically redirect the old file path to the new destination. (You can verify this with a test file: Copy the URL of the file, move it to a folder, copy the new URL. Both the old and new URL are functional.)

It's a bit hard to find but this behavior is also mentioned and explained at the very end of this knowledge base article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/files/move-a-file-between-folders-in-the-file-manager

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.