Blog, Website & Page Publishing

HIVE-Fiona

Migrating theme from a demo account to a paid account

Hello! I've been working on some viability testing with a Hubspot demo account recently which has gone well. We've just signed up for a paid account, however I'd like to migrate some of the work done on the demo account to the new paid account. Specifically, I'd like to migrate a custom theme.

I can't seem to find a way to migrate the theme between accounts. There's tutorials on how to migrate a template. emails, etc, but we've been working on a website theme where a fair amount of work has gone into it. I'd rather not have to double handle it if possible.

Is there an easy way to do this, or will we need to re-do all this work?

Thanks!
Fiona

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @HIVE-Fiona !  Sorry about the delay, I was OOO.  If you have purchased the template from a supplier you will need to get consent from them to copy it to a new portal.  Then log a ticket with our support team and the team can migrate the template over to the new portal.  The solution @Kevin-C gave will work as well if you have the resources and you did not purchase the template.

Kevin-C
Recognized Expert | Partner

Hey @HIVE-Fiona 

Just following up on this. Did you find a solution that worked for your team?

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
Kevin-C

Hey @HIVE-Fiona 

Have you looked into the Hubapot CLI?

If it is just a theme and not content, you should be able to pull it all down locally and push it to another portal via the CLI tools.

See docs here!

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
0 Upvotes
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @HIVE-Fiona !  You cannot migrate custom themes.  Dependent on your subscription, you may not have access to themes.  Can you DM me your portal number?