Blog, Website & Page Publishing

ronkinkade
Contributor

Migrating Primary Domain to Hubspot

SOLVE

We recently decided to move our ASP site to Hubspot to make it easier for Marketing to roll out changes. Hubspot handled the migration beautifully and we're really pleased with how they integrated our site into the CMS.

As we started to go live and move our www domain, we ran into some issues.

1. We use AWS Route 53 to manage our DNS

2. This added some additional complexity

3. Hubspot won't set your content live, until they can verify the DNS change

4. As a result, visitors to our website were getting an error page as the DNS propagated.

5. DNS can take hours to propagate so this was a problem.

Hubspot's reply: Most DNS providers state that you should allow 24-48 hours for the DNS change to propagate, and the site may be down for a bit during this propagation. That being said, most of the go-live processes I've been part of have seen their DNS changes propagate within a couple of hours and their site is only down for a matter of minutes if at all. Given this context, I recommend that you update your DNS provider when there is typically less traffic to your website.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ronkinkade
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

My issue was resolved. The configuration with Amazon's Route 53 was a little complex. Additionally, the domain manager in Hubspot is a bit buggy and is still showing errors.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ronkinkade,

Thanks for sharing your experience, and I apologize for any issues that may have occured during this process. 

Are you experiencing a specific issue regarding migrating your content to HubSpot? How can the Community assist you? 

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
ronkinkade
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

My issue was resolved. The configuration with Amazon's Route 53 was a little complex. Additionally, the domain manager in Hubspot is a bit buggy and is still showing errors.

0 Upvotes
J3P
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

can you describe how you were able to accomplish moving the primary domain?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes