Blog, Website & Page Publishing

brcewane

Meta Description on new post not showing in RSS XML feed

We just published a post just like all of our other Blog posts with a meta description.  For some reason this new post does not include the meta description in the RSS XML feed, but all our other posts do.

Is there a reason why this no longer shows up for new Blog posts but does show for older blog posts?

We use the RSS feed to create a custom Blog front end and also show summary posts on our other web pages.

Right now I can't publish the post because we cannot display the meta description.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
JMendoza2
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Sample Issue: (the post does not seem to provide the meta description to RSS items)

https://blog.glytecsystems.com/tag/cms-measure/rss.xml

JMendoza2_0-1637125980716.png

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @brcewane ,

thank you for reaching out to the Community. Would you be able to share example links or screenshots so that Community can better understand the issue?

I wanted to tag in some subject matter experts: @daveroma and @Kevin-C, have you ever seen similar cases before?

brcewane

It appears that unless I clone an old blog article the meta description isn't shown either in the Blog markup or in the RSS feed.  When I clone the old article then the value shows up.

0 Upvotes
Kevin-C
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

Thanks @natsumimori 

Hey @brcewane 

Have you contacted HubSpot directly? I ask because this sounds like a backend issue or an update to the system.

If not that can you provided a live link and the markup you use to create the pages with the issue?

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
brcewane

I haven't yet.. I did some different searching and I found others that had the same problem.. Unless I cloned an older article that had the post summary working for it, the summary would not evaluate.

If I create a new blog post (not a clone) then the following is true: 

• The HubML   {{ content.post_summary }}  evaluates to blank
  • And the RSS Feed XML has no entry for the summary

I don't have a live link right now as it is our corporate blog so I corrected the issue for display.

0 Upvotes