Blog, Website & Page Publishing

cbartlett
Participant

Meta Description Blog Page - NOT POST

SOLVE

When searching for our blog specifically on google it doesnt show until bottom of second page (19th result). There are a lot of companies with our same acronym (BCM) but not all that many of the results showing up ahead of us makes sense to show up before ours given we are searching for exactly what the title is (BCM Blog). The full title is actually "A Bird's Eye View - BCM Blog". I am sure there is something more we can be doing to help this. We have meta description and other SEO info filled in but still not showing up. 

I am wondering though what should the meta description be for the actual blog itself in the blog content settings to make it show up? I am thinking of those who know we have a blog but dont have a link to it so they just want to just go search our company (BCM) and the word blog and find it. I am NOT talking about individual blog posts - I mean for our actual blog landing page itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @cbartlett

Meta description does not influence rankings directly, so changing yours is unlikely to change your position in search. 

Furthermore, BCM is a frequently used and non-descript name, so there is likely going to be higher ranking companies with that combination of letters. 

I wouldn't worry so much, however. Blog listing pages hold very little value for search users and so I would expect very few people to search for one directly. Searchers tend to use naturally worded, problem-oriented questions in search and these align with individual blog posts far better than a blog listing - this is were your traffic will come from. 

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @cbartlett

Meta description does not influence rankings directly, so changing yours is unlikely to change your position in search. 

Furthermore, BCM is a frequently used and non-descript name, so there is likely going to be higher ranking companies with that combination of letters. 

I wouldn't worry so much, however. Blog listing pages hold very little value for search users and so I would expect very few people to search for one directly. Searchers tend to use naturally worded, problem-oriented questions in search and these align with individual blog posts far better than a blog listing - this is were your traffic will come from. 

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes