Blog, Website & Page Publishing

camconcay

Menu on a page does not float if cloned

I have an unpublished page that has several sections. Each section is 2 columns and the left column has a 1 item meny that is just an anchor to return to top. In each section the menu follows down or up as a user scrolls. When I clone the section or column or menu or any combination, the clone does not scroll, it remains at the top center of the column, the original works as it should.

I have looked at every setting I know to look at to compare the 2 and cannot find what makes the original work and what breaks when I clone it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @camconcay ,

It depends on way you use for going to top.

First, It can be done by giving the id to the top section or header where you want to redirect on clicking anchors and adding the #id in anchors links.

The second way is by js, if you using js it will conflict maybe there is a scroll pixel are defined in js

GO with the First way it will work definitely without any issue and if you already using the first way then try by publishing the page and make sure you added #id in anchors link perfectly.

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regard.

0 Upvotes
camconcay

Thank you for the reply. The anchor isn't the issue. The actual menu is in several sections on the page. It starts at the top of the left hand column and the content is in the right hand column. As the user scrolls down the content, the menu follows - floating down or up as the user scrolls.  This works in all the sections except the one section I cloned. In the cloned section the menu works, the anchor works, but the menu does not follow down or up when the user scrolls, it does not "float" like it does in the other sections.

0 Upvotes