Blog, Website & Page Publishing

PeHon
Miembro

Marketing Hub Landing Pages vs CMS Hub

resolver

Good afternoon everyone. 

I'm currently a Marketing hub professional user. We're using Marketing Hub to build landing pages mainly for lead collection, and as an augment to our existing website that is currently being built on HTML/CSS/JS on a web server that we maintain. 

There are advantages of using raw HTML/CSS on our website, but the disadvantages are showing themselves recently (namely longer design to launch process cause we need a Designer->Front End process). I've been doing some research and am considering Hubspot CMS starter. 

However, I'm trying to reconcile the difference between Hubspot Marketing Hub Landing Pages and Hubspot CMS. What's stopping me from building out my website using Landing Pages instead of subscribing to Hubspot CMS?

I've been looking but this doesn't seem to have been discussed much online. 

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
StjepanGrcic
Solución
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @PeHon 

It's not a good idea to implement web pages as landing pages with HubSpot. You should first need to understand the basic goals of each and the general practices to make them exceptional. 

Your web page goals may vary, but they're still distinct from landing pages and blogs. For example, a homepage should explain how your product or service benefits the reader. Users could convert on the homepage, but that's not the primary goal.  Website pages also need to be optimized for SEO, including links, keywords, and everything else. If someone searches for something related to your site, you want to ensure your pages have a chance at ranking. You can add website pages to dashboards or into campaigns so you can track their performance without much effort.

So your website pages provide overviews of your company or product, but landing pages  focus specifically on converting leads for a distinct offer. Landing pages normally have no navigation except for the CTA, as external links deter customers from the page's goal.

To the average visitor, there may not be a lot of difference between a site page and a landing page, but their overall purpose is quite different. If these pages and tools are used correctly they can yield great benefits to your business.

So I think that mixing webpages analytics within landing pages analytics can be confusing. When you create landing pages, you need specific metrics like conversion rate that are irrelevant for webpages. You will have a big loss of precious data if build your website using landing pages.

Hope this helps. If my answer solved your problem please mark ti solved. 

Cheers,

Stjepan

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
1 Respuesta 1
StjepanGrcic
Solución

resolver

Hi @PeHon 

It's not a good idea to implement web pages as landing pages with HubSpot. You should first need to understand the basic goals of each and the general practices to make them exceptional. 

Your web page goals may vary, but they're still distinct from landing pages and blogs. For example, a homepage should explain how your product or service benefits the reader. Users could convert on the homepage, but that's not the primary goal.  Website pages also need to be optimized for SEO, including links, keywords, and everything else. If someone searches for something related to your site, you want to ensure your pages have a chance at ranking. You can add website pages to dashboards or into campaigns so you can track their performance without much effort.

So your website pages provide overviews of your company or product, but landing pages  focus specifically on converting leads for a distinct offer. Landing pages normally have no navigation except for the CTA, as external links deter customers from the page's goal.

To the average visitor, there may not be a lot of difference between a site page and a landing page, but their overall purpose is quite different. If these pages and tools are used correctly they can yield great benefits to your business.

So I think that mixing webpages analytics within landing pages analytics can be confusing. When you create landing pages, you need specific metrics like conversion rate that are irrelevant for webpages. You will have a big loss of precious data if build your website using landing pages.

Hope this helps. If my answer solved your problem please mark ti solved. 

Cheers,

Stjepan

0 Me gusta