Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Niky
Participant

Link to a specific content on an A/B test website

SOLVE

Hej Guys,

I want to run an A/B Test on one of our pages. On the A-test page, you can book an online presentation and on the B-test page, you can directly register for our product. I also want to set up automated emails. In these emails I want leads to attend the online presentation or to directly register for our product. 

Is it possible to link from the automated emails to the A or B test page? Or is this always leading to a random 50/50 split and therefore it is complete nonesense? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Niky,

What exactly is it that you want to test? If you want to test whether you can generate more revenue with a conversion paths leading to a product registrations vs an online presentation, you wouldn't use A/B testing at all. You would simply run two separate campaigns (separate emails, separate landing pages, separate ads) with the same ads, budget and activities and compare the result afterwards.

A/B tests would make sense if you wanted to check which of the two offerings resonates more with your audiences in emails specifically. On a landing page, for example, in most cases I'd recommend a test of two different ways of positioning an offering.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Niky,

HubSpot will take care of this for you on the landing page, and show variation A to a split of 50% of the visitors and variation B to the second 50%. Outside of the landing page editor, there isn't a direct link to the variations.

If you want to test the online presentation vs. product registration and reference them in your email ("Attend our online presentation" vs "Check out our product"), you would set up two separate landing pages, create the A/B test within your email and link the first landing page in email variation A and the second in B.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Niky
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten @karstenkoehler for your tip. Seems valid if you just have one driver for traffic to the landing pages from email or email nurturing processes. I also want to drive traffic through Ads. I have to check if I can split traffic there as well. Then the approach to build 2 landing pages would work. Or is there another approach that might work for multiple traffic sources?    

Best

Niky

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Niky,

What exactly is it that you want to test? If you want to test whether you can generate more revenue with a conversion paths leading to a product registrations vs an online presentation, you wouldn't use A/B testing at all. You would simply run two separate campaigns (separate emails, separate landing pages, separate ads) with the same ads, budget and activities and compare the result afterwards.

A/B tests would make sense if you wanted to check which of the two offerings resonates more with your audiences in emails specifically. On a landing page, for example, in most cases I'd recommend a test of two different ways of positioning an offering.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler