Blog, Website & Page Publishing

kevinhanson1

Landing page submissions data doesn't reflect the exportable list of submitters

SOLVE

Why don't the two submissions equal eachother_.001.jpeg

I'm new to HubSpot and I'm seeing something on the Performance tab of one of my landing pages that I would like clarified.

On the top row, there is a tab that identifies the number of Submissions a particular form has had on a landing page. The data is visualized in a chart underneath and a list of the (supposed) submitters lies to the right. My question arises from this box. Counting up the number of submitters, which can be exported to a list, does not equal the number that is identified in the upper tab. There's a drescreptency between the two of 7 records. Can anyone explain why this would be? I've provided a supporting screen shot of what I am seeing. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @kevinhanson1

One possible explanation is that some of the contacts have submitted the form more than once. Have you checked if that is an issue? 

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
kevinhanson1

SOLVE

Thanks for the quick reply. Your suggestion to check whether the form was submitted more than once was very helpful. This was what happened. Thanks for your help.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @kevinhanson1

One possible explanation is that some of the contacts have submitted the form more than once. Have you checked if that is an issue? 

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
YTopor
Participant

SOLVE

Related question. What if my page submission shows 0 submissions but the list and the form show 4 submissions? The submissions are test submissions from me but shouldn't it still be reflected?

Thanks,

Yulya

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @YTopor,

Different parts of the tool can take different amount of time to update. If you're still seeing this issue I would recommend partnering with HubSpot Support for next steps and so that they can resolve this matter with you. 

Let us know what you find out! 

0 Upvotes
MiaPV
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I've got a similar issue, however, for some reason it is showing our landing page as having 33 submissions, 31 of them are new contacts, but our form on that page has 25. Not sure how this is possible.

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 4.04.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 4.04.35 PM.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @MiaPV The Submission metric on the page performance is total submissions for any form that has ever lived on that page, and includes every click of a the submit button (including duplicate submissions and errant clicks). 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
MiaPV
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you...seems a bit clunky but happy to have an answer.

0 Upvotes