Blog, Website & Page Publishing

AprilG

Landing page hero video

SOLVE

Hello, is it possible to add a video as a hero on a landing page? Or is it just limited to images

1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Landing page hero video

SOLVE

Hi @AprilG yes, it is possible to add video to a hero on a landing page. It will depend on the theme you're using and the available modules whether this would require custom development or not.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Lisacuth1
Participant

Landing page hero video

SOLVE

Hello, can you please tell me which themes support a video hero background? 

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Landing page hero video

SOLVE

Hi @Lisacuth1 an example of a theme that includes video for the hero background (and other modules as well) is POWER Pro - you can see all of the module background styles here and a template with a video in the hero background here.

I don't have a comprehensive list of all the themes in the marketplace that would have this capability, but this should help you narrow down what to look for when reviewing the available themes.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

Landing page hero video

SOLVE

Hi @AprilG yes, it is possible to add video to a hero on a landing page. It will depend on the theme you're using and the available modules whether this would require custom development or not.

Lisacuth1
Participant

Landing page hero video

SOLVE

Hello, can you tell me what custom modules we would need to do this? 

Jnix284

Landing page hero video

SOLVE

@Lisacuth1 the module would depend on the theme you are using, likely the hero module or similar.

Do you know the name of the theme? I'd be happy to check if the feature is available.

Lisacuth1
Participant

Landing page hero video

SOLVE
I’m unsure of the theme, there is a module for video background but it
doesn’t seem to work…

I’d love to do a video with some text and a CTA button over the top of it
Jnix284

Landing page hero video

SOLVE

@Lisacuth1 modules are currently theme dependent, there isn't much I can do to help in this case - you might try posting the request as a job to see if there is a developer who can help you.