Blog, Website & Page Publishing

the_emily_b
Contributor

Landing or website page for webinar on-demand

SOLVE

Wondering what the best pratice is for hosting an on-demand webinar page after the live webinar. Should I just swap out the form on the existing landing page (that was used for the live webinar registration) or should I build a new website page?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Wondering what the best pratice is for hosting an on-demand webinar page after the live webinar. Should I just swap out the form on the existing landing page (that was used for the live webinar registration) or should I build a new website page??

Short A: Best practice is to unpublish unused LPs/URLs with a 301 redirect after the appropriate timeframe and archive the LP in HubSpot (do not delete).

Longer A:

Totally your call, but if you "swap out the form on the existing LP (that was used for the live webinar registration)" your stats for both will be combined for that single page. As a result, you'll have to manually separate the stats if you ever need to look at conversions that lead up to the actual event. (good stuff to track)

Also, if you build a new page with the on-demand webinar, you could repurpose the live webinar LP as a gate for the new on-demand content. That way, you can still capture leads will minimal added work. (your goal?)

Hope that helps.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Wondering what the best pratice is for hosting an on-demand webinar page after the live webinar. Should I just swap out the form on the existing landing page (that was used for the live webinar registration) or should I build a new website page??

Short A: Best practice is to unpublish unused LPs/URLs with a 301 redirect after the appropriate timeframe and archive the LP in HubSpot (do not delete).

Longer A:

Totally your call, but if you "swap out the form on the existing LP (that was used for the live webinar registration)" your stats for both will be combined for that single page. As a result, you'll have to manually separate the stats if you ever need to look at conversions that lead up to the actual event. (good stuff to track)

Also, if you build a new page with the on-demand webinar, you could repurpose the live webinar LP as a gate for the new on-demand content. That way, you can still capture leads will minimal added work. (your goal?)

Hope that helps.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes