Blog, Website & Page Publishing

EFlack
Contributor

Landing Page - the basics

SOLVE

Hi there

Still, a total newbie when it comes to HubSpot so bear with me

We wish to create a landing page for a piece of gated content, I created the page as per the guide and wish to have the PDF document delivered via email to the prospect once they complete their email address. 

Is there a step by step guide on how to do this? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EFlack,

There are various ways of going about this, I'll share the one that is most straight forward and proven to work well.

Let's walk through the individual assets needed for this. We're creating the last one first because they depend on each other.

1. Create a "Thank you" page (Menu > Marketing > Website > Landing Pages). This page is not immediately accessible, not indexed and not shared, only after submitting a form on the landing page will people get here. (That's what makes it gated.) For an example, take this link https://offers.hubspot.com/seo-myths and change /seo-myths to /thank-you/seo-myths. This is where you would embed your gated content.

2. Create the landing page (Menu > Marketing > Website > Landing Pages) and the website form (Menu > Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms). This is the page that people will land on after receiving a promotional email, clicking a social post or a CTA in a blog post. Make sure it's optimized for conversions (google "conversion rate optimization landing pages") and set the form to redirect visitors to your "Thank you" page after submitting the form. For an example, check https://offers.hubspot.com/seo-myths. Additionally, you can set up a follow-up email if you also want to share the landing page link with the person via email.

3. Create additional promotional assets, e.g. CTA (Menu > Marketing > Lead Capture > CTA). This is an asset that you can add to different places on your website, e.g. blog posts. The CTA links to the landing page. For an example, check https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/seo-myths-ebook. (See the rectangular orange banner at the end of the post.)

4. Create promotional emails, if applicable, to share your landing page with your contacts (Menu > Marketing > Email).

Et voilà, you have a full conversion path. You can direct people to the landing page via different channels (email, blog, social media, paid, referral), they would fill out a form on the page and be redirected to the "Thank you" page featuring the content after submitting the form. The content would be gated and can only be accessed through form submission (or the direct link which shouldn't be indexed or shared).

Hope this helps!

PS. If you're a total newbie, I'd recommend the HubSpot Software Certification.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EFlack ,

Kindly refer this post here.

This might help you to achieve what you want.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EFlack,

There are various ways of going about this, I'll share the one that is most straight forward and proven to work well.

Let's walk through the individual assets needed for this. We're creating the last one first because they depend on each other.

1. Create a "Thank you" page (Menu > Marketing > Website > Landing Pages). This page is not immediately accessible, not indexed and not shared, only after submitting a form on the landing page will people get here. (That's what makes it gated.) For an example, take this link https://offers.hubspot.com/seo-myths and change /seo-myths to /thank-you/seo-myths. This is where you would embed your gated content.

2. Create the landing page (Menu > Marketing > Website > Landing Pages) and the website form (Menu > Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms). This is the page that people will land on after receiving a promotional email, clicking a social post or a CTA in a blog post. Make sure it's optimized for conversions (google "conversion rate optimization landing pages") and set the form to redirect visitors to your "Thank you" page after submitting the form. For an example, check https://offers.hubspot.com/seo-myths. Additionally, you can set up a follow-up email if you also want to share the landing page link with the person via email.

3. Create additional promotional assets, e.g. CTA (Menu > Marketing > Lead Capture > CTA). This is an asset that you can add to different places on your website, e.g. blog posts. The CTA links to the landing page. For an example, check https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/seo-myths-ebook. (See the rectangular orange banner at the end of the post.)

4. Create promotional emails, if applicable, to share your landing page with your contacts (Menu > Marketing > Email).

Et voilà, you have a full conversion path. You can direct people to the landing page via different channels (email, blog, social media, paid, referral), they would fill out a form on the page and be redirected to the "Thank you" page featuring the content after submitting the form. The content would be gated and can only be accessed through form submission (or the direct link which shouldn't be indexed or shared).

Hope this helps!

PS. If you're a total newbie, I'd recommend the HubSpot Software Certification.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

EFlack
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @karstenkoehler  This has worked perfectly

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Nice, @EFlack, happy to hear!

Karsten Köhler