Blog, Website & Page Publishing

HenryH1
Participant

Issue with personalization tokens not always visible in landingpage

SOLVE

Hi guys,

I would like to have you thoughts on the following:

We are sending a marketing email that leads contacts to a page with personalization tokens, they see their personalized content, but if they go back to that landing page at a different time, they do not.

The initial request is done in our main website: https://www.viabovag.nl/auto-verkopen (none hubspot)

The marketing email redirects to an Hubspot landingpage, see screenshot

HenryH1_0-1683201067261.png

Example without personalization tokens

HenryH1_1-1683201067280.png

Also the url is unsecure as you can see below.

HenryH1_2-1683201067285.jpeg

Do you have suggestions:

How can we resolve that personalization tokens will always be visible for our customers?

How can we resolve the unsure url?

Hope you can help?  If you need more context please let me know.

Kind regards,

Henry

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Here's the thing about personalization tokens that I think may be happening. On the subsequent visit, is it possible the user is not accepting cookies from the browser pop-up? My thought is that from the email link the hubspot id is known so personalization can take affect, but if the user comes organically through the site and has blocked cookies that id will not be known and they will then see the unpersonalized version.

For the domain, SSL is setup by default, but I am seeing what looks like a temporary hubspot URL in your partial screenshot (.sites-eu1.com). Have you setup your custom subdomain in Hubspot? That should automatically configure the SSL certificate as part of that process.

View solution in original post

HenryH1
Solution
Participant

SOLVE
Hi Ben,

Thank you for you quick reply. 🙂 I need to discuss with my colleaque. I'll come back to you tommorow.

KR
Henry

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Here's the thing about personalization tokens that I think may be happening. On the subsequent visit, is it possible the user is not accepting cookies from the browser pop-up? My thought is that from the email link the hubspot id is known so personalization can take affect, but if the user comes organically through the site and has blocked cookies that id will not be known and they will then see the unpersonalized version.

For the domain, SSL is setup by default, but I am seeing what looks like a temporary hubspot URL in your partial screenshot (.sites-eu1.com). Have you setup your custom subdomain in Hubspot? That should automatically configure the SSL certificate as part of that process.

HenryH1
Solution
Participant

SOLVE
Hi Ben,

Thank you for you quick reply. 🙂 I need to discuss with my colleaque. I'll come back to you tommorow.

KR
Henry
0 Upvotes