Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Issue verifying HubSpot sub domain (Google Search Console)

Occasional Contributor

We recently migrated our website over to HubSpot via a third-party agency. During this transition, our company blog was given a new subdomain (New = blog.company.com/ Old = www.company.com/blog).

We're now having issues verifying our new HubSpot subdomain on Google Search Console.

We have tried the recommended verification methods, yet we're still met with the "Could not find the verification file in the required location" on GSC. Our primary domain (www.company.com) has verified straight away via our Google Analytics tracking code.

Any ideas of what we could be doing wrong? Any more info needed then please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @jdaly123,

Do you have any content published on the main subdomain page (blog.company.com)? My first recommendation would be publish content on that page, and then see if it registers. 

If you are still struggling with this, I would recommend reaching out to HubSpot Technical Support as they will be able to work with you around this issue specific to your portal to resolve this matter in a direct manner.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenny,

Yeah we've got quite a lot of content on there now, still no luck though! Thanks for the link, I'll contact the tech support team now, hopefully they can help me out.

Cheers,

Jordan.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @jdaly123 

I'm not sure, how you tried to verify your subdomain. For me, it looks like you tried 'HTML File upload' method that gave this error "Your verification file was not found".  Since you're on HubSpot, HTML File upload method is not recommended. If you've have set up a Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager properly, it'd not be an issue at all. Hope you have added blog.company.com domain (either http or https) on the Google Search Console.

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.14.29 PM.png

If you've tried all other methods, then I'd suggest verifying your subdomain using "HTML tag" method. Google will give you a meta tag, which you need to put on the <head> section of your blog. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 9.00.03 PM.png

Copy the meta tag, go to the page/blog settings, select the blog subdomain and paste it on the Site header HTML section & save.

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.39.51 PM.png

Go back to Google search console and verify your site using the HTML Tag.

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost