Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Jere
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Is it possible to make a drag and drop section reusable?

lösung

Jere_0-1625577019479.png

In the example image above I have created a section by dragging an image and a rich text field on it. Is it possible to make this reusable by "saving" it somehow? So I wouldn't have to drag and drop everything again when I need to create a similar section on another page.

This is a very simplistic example, it's quick to drag and drop 2 modules, but let's say I have 6-10 modules in a section – that will take way longer to implement on multiple pages. This is where a saving option would get handy.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
JCollette
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

For landing pages, as of Feb 2022, you can save an entire section. Clicking the + sign between sections (or at the very end) allows you to create a new section or use a previously saved seciton.

Screen-Shot-2022-02-14-at-4.09.32-PM.jpg

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

9 Antworten
JCollette
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

For landing pages, as of Feb 2022, you can save an entire section. Clicking the + sign between sections (or at the very end) allows you to create a new section or use a previously saved seciton.

Screen-Shot-2022-02-14-at-4.09.32-PM.jpg

webdew
Ratgeber/-in | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @Jere ,

Yes, you can reuse sections, but make sure the module has its unique ID because otherwise it will affect other templates as well. 

Just drag and drop, and visit the edit section. Now click on the Add tab and add the find module. 

There you can edit the content.

Make sure you add the below code in each module in the stating and all the content that you want to save under this tag- 

<div class="{{name}}"></div>

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
Jere
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hey @webdew, I feel like you understood this question thread wrong. Or am I misunderstanding your answer? My question is about saving drag and drop made sections and reusing them on other pages, without touching any code (so that content editors can do this themselves).

webdew

lösung

Hi @Jere ,

According to your question, currently, there is no option to save DND section in editor for web pages and landing pages.
As per my suggestion, you can create separate custom module as per your needs and you can drag and drop that module in your web page any time.
You can refer this resource to create module or we can also help you with the same.
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/design-manager/create-and-edit-modules
You can also visit hubspot marketplace to chexck outr some of the modules created by us.
https://marketplace.hubspot.com/products?provider=webdew&subType=CUSTOM_MODULE

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Autorität

lösung

Hi @Jere!

There's a small drop down for the Section. What options exist there? 

Crystal_Hopper_0-1625601363524.png

You'd be looking to create a Section like this and then save it as a Module. A Module would become an entity in your Design Manager that you could store and use again and again. If the option is not in that drop down, check out this article for more information on creating modules: Create and edit modules 

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
Jere
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hey @Crystal_Hopper, these options exist there:

Jere_0-1625609391009.png

So you're talking about developing a custom module that must be developed with code on Design Manager, correct? My question here is that can a section built with the drag and drop functionality be "saved" by a marketing person that does not know any HTML / CSS, and can they then repeat the section on another page by using the saved section.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @Jere,

HubSpot recently introduced Saved sections in the drag and drop email editor. They are still a bit limited in functionality because they only let you save on block of layout (1 column, 2 columns etc). If you want so save multiple blocks of layout, they would be separate saved sections.

saved-section.gif

If you want more options, you would indeed have to create and edit custom coded modules in the design manager tool.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jere
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

This is exactly what I was looking for, @karstenkoehler! But is this available for the website builder, or just for emails? I don't see any saved sections option on the drag and drop builder on website pages.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @Jere,

At this stage, I believe that this is unfortunately only in the drag and drop email editor, not for landing page templates. (But maybe we'll get this sometime soon?)

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.