Blog, Website & Page Publishing

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introducing the new Website Grader

HubSpot launched the all new website grader! Score your site and get your website's grde (hint: the average website scores 67%).

Once you've gotten your grade, pop your score in here and share what you'll be updating on your site! Any surprises or exciting finds? We want to know! 

32 Replies 32
DhasanGC

www.dhasangc.com - Score we got!www.dhasangc.com - Score we got!

Hi, this is the score we got in the first go itself testing www.dhasangc.com. One change was recommended by Hubspot tool and looking forward to implement it. Will keep you'll updated. 

Thank You HubSpot for all these free tools and even educational material! Good Luck everyone. 

CEO - DhasanGC (C D Liyanage).

FelipeCaro
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Hi there! Is there a way to download the website grader results? like a PDF or send them by email?

thank you!

0 Upvotes
Ammarahd

My Webiste ammarahamed.life scores 92%, to be honest. It was around 60 to start with. But the grader shows me where it needs improvement - so I did the recommended courses, did a bit of digging and exploring and #Alhamdulillah, got it to 92.

Thank you so much Hubspot

What can I do to increase its performance and make it 100?Hubspot Website Grader - Score - ammarahamed.life.PNG

0 Upvotes
LStone4

score website.JPG

Here i got 85 for https://reviewlog.org/ Its satisfying according to this tool but i know i need to work more on responsiveness and mobile speed issues.

AlexUsman

We got 87% on our site. Happy to see that but also ready to get that score much higher. Our biggest improvement is page requests and page speed! Going to work on that with our dev team. 

mgta5

We got a 56, so I guess I'll have to take the course.

After seeing this ranking, I'm happy there's an actionable next step to take - I can't wait to learn from the pros.
I believe you have a good chance of winning the highest score!

Esraalex

We got 95% on our site. Happy to see that but also ready to get that score much higher. Our biggest improvement is  page requests and page speed! Going to work on that with our dev team. Thanks

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @ellamacrow,

The Website Grader is a free tool, it's checking website performance, SEO, security and mobile design.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

craiggrella
Participant

my site and my client sites consistently score in the high 90s on gmetrix and google page speed insights.

on hubspot web grader, 70s, or low 80s.

Hubspot's CRM and associated tools are fantastic. best in the business, IMO, but the website grader is a scam.

Mannitgon

80 points on the whole is not bad, but there is something to work on 😃

1-1.png

D_ReyIsMe
Participant

I'll be happy when we get to 80-- having some Javascript issues I don't have the technical background to understand but we're working on them. Keep up the good work! 

matthew-brilman
Participant

Hi,

We are wondering why we are having the same result every time, even we update our site as per guidelines. It is something the Grader is storing the score result?
Why scores are consistent all the time? when we are scanning multiple times result populates in a second.
We have tried with different locations/time/internet speed and the result is the same for the same site with Grader. Where Google Lighthouse shows different results every time for the same site.

Please help us with this.
Thank You.

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

Hey @matthew-brilman. We too questioned this and really got no good explanations.  Have basically abandonded the HS version and use Googles.  Why?  Well, for us the answer relied in who's really the more important resource.  Since Google is the final authority on any all things web and if they say that xy and z are issues, for them to accurately and reliably rank a site, then it's their word that I'm going to be listening to.  There are a number of items that are in the HS environment that they say are optimized and running at it's best, yet Google doesnot recognize them and there is really nothing that we can to to change HS.

While not much of an answer and is really just my opinion...  Do what you can.  Do it the best you can......

Scott

craiggrella
Participant

The biggest surprise for me was when my blog scored a 72% and hubspot recommended that I do some work on my blog.

There are only 5 blog posts as of this writing, and 5 small thumbnail images and I'm getting dinged for page load speed and having an out of date javascript library.

Crazy part is, my blog is actually hosted on Hubspot and was migrated by the hubspot team from WordPress.

So there's that. Thanks for the good times, website grader. Thanks for the good times.*

* the last line there was delivered with dripping sarcasm.

D_ReyIsMe
Participant

I feel your frustration. I was able to score a 90 on a new page but in full transparency, I hadn't populated any modules yet. 

Turns out we had some CSS and javascript issues stemming from some custom templates we designed a few years back that are causing problems with updates to the CMS. 

HubSpot offered to relieve us of that pain with the services of a developer who billed $375 an hour. 

We're reviewing other options. In the meantime, good luck with your issues. 

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

While I appreciate Hubspot in creating such a tool.  I prefer to use Googles, as they are the ones that are grading our sites, for actual day to day use.  And for better or worse, they hold the gold standard that sites are guaged against. 🤷‍♂️

There are many instances that Google will find fault in the HS code and their answer is that " it is optimized, but Google doesn't recognize the optimization"...  HUH? Yea, right.  

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Again, just my 2 cents.

Scott

D_ReyIsMe
Participant

I assume you're talking about PageSpeed Insights?

Phil_DM2
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

We got 70% for our website. Our SEO had a perfect score, but we seem to struggle with performance. Image sizes, issues with CSS compression, and high HTTP requests are causing some slower loading times—those will be the areas we can focus our efforts toward.  

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

Welcome to Sunny SW Florida and the Key West Express https://www.keywestexpress.net and we're in at a sold 75%!!

Scott

D_ReyIsMe
Participant

Nice backink and good job!