Blog, Website & Page Publishing

ReeaVainikainen
Participant | Elite Partner

Importing a blog - Can i maintain achieved SEO score and authority on Google?

SOLVE

Hey,

I'm working on importing a blog from Umbraco to HubSpot.  The blogs have achieved SEO scores and authority on Google SPRs but am I able to keep this status despite changing to HubSpot? I'm looking to not lose them 😁

I have checked knowledge pages, blogs and previous posts here but none of them explained what happens to the previous scores and authority. 

Thank you very much if somebody is able to help me!

Reea / Hubit Oy

2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ReeaVainikainen

I'm guessing you're going to have new URLs, possibly with a "blog" subdomain as you move your blog into the HubSpot tool. Unless you're moving your entire site into HubSpot CMS. In either case, are you setting up redirects from the original domain to the new blog? 

By using 301 redirects from the original blog URLs to your new links, you'll pass that authority on. HubSpot CMS has built-in benefits to techincal SEO, including page load speeds and server uptime, which I've seen work really well in keeping authority in SERPs over the years. 

Here are a couple additional helpful resources:

I hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ReeaVainikainen ,

Although there isn't a simple button to click to retain the SEO of your Umbraco blog before it moves into HubSpot, there are steps that can be taken to successfully import your blog without harming its existing SEO. This HubSpot blogs gives some of our best practices and recommendations in maintaining SEO while importing a blog. Some concerns and suggestions are also available in this particular community post.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
KJustic

SOLVE

Hey, I also want to maintain my blog and want to increase its authority in google serp.... Kindly, guide me.

ReeaVainikainen

SOLVE

@danmoyle @webdew thank you so much! These tips and articles help me to move forward with this issue. I thank you humbly and accepted both of your answers as solutions.

Kindest regards,

Reea

danmoyle

SOLVE

Happy to help, @ReeaVainikainen! All the best on your project. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ReeaVainikainen ,

Although there isn't a simple button to click to retain the SEO of your Umbraco blog before it moves into HubSpot, there are steps that can be taken to successfully import your blog without harming its existing SEO. This HubSpot blogs gives some of our best practices and recommendations in maintaining SEO while importing a blog. Some concerns and suggestions are also available in this particular community post.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ReeaVainikainen

I'm guessing you're going to have new URLs, possibly with a "blog" subdomain as you move your blog into the HubSpot tool. Unless you're moving your entire site into HubSpot CMS. In either case, are you setting up redirects from the original domain to the new blog? 

By using 301 redirects from the original blog URLs to your new links, you'll pass that authority on. HubSpot CMS has built-in benefits to techincal SEO, including page load speeds and server uptime, which I've seen work really well in keeping authority in SERPs over the years. 

Here are a couple additional helpful resources:

I hope that helps! 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website