Blog, Website & Page Publishing

hassanahmed10

HubSpot Tracking Code Issue

SOLVE

When I add HubSpot tracking code it will also add many other Analytics and Google Ads Remarketing tags. I am adding a HubSpot Tracking Code through Google Tag Manager. When I pause the HubSpot Tracking Code so the additional remarketing and gtag will be removed. What is the solution? Why this is happening? Here is the website https://quickstartresearchpaper.co.uk/

hassanahmed10_0-1641627413911.png

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
derekcavaliero
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@hassanahmed10 

There are a couple things to consider:

1. If you are using GTM for your hubspot tracking code implementation, you need to create an exclusion trigger for pages hosted on the HubSpot CMS because the tracking script is output directly in the page. 
  2. If you have pixels configured inside GTM already for Facebook/LinkedIn/google ads remarketing, adding them inside the HubSpot ads feature will jsut cause duplicate tags to be output, I would suggest just implementing the tags in GTM and skip the pixel setup inside of HubSpot. 
Derek Cavaliero
Director of Engineering

WebMechanix
www.webmechanix.com

View solution in original post

hassanahmed10
Solution

SOLVE

Any solution will highly be appreciated @Aakar@derekcavaliero@Mike_Eastwood

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
derekcavaliero

SOLVE

@hassanahmed10 the HubSpot script is definately loading something - you may need to check the Ads settings to be sure there aren't pixels configured in the platform.

Separately the Google Ads pixels seem to have 2 different Conversion ID/Account #s associated, I am unsure as to "why" this is happening but if I block the JS script from loading in my network panel I do not see pixels that fire with an ID of 786295015 - but I do see them when the script remains unblocked.

Derek Cavaliero
Director of Engineering

WebMechanix
www.webmechanix.com
hassanahmed10
Solution

SOLVE

Any solution will highly be appreciated @Aakar@derekcavaliero@Mike_Eastwood

0 Upvotes
hassanahmed10

SOLVE

Here is how I added the HubSpot code to my website 

hassanahmed10_0-1641836609084.png

0 Upvotes
derekcavaliero

SOLVE

@hassanahmed10 @MiaSrebrnjak 

HubSpot may not like this answer, but I do not like having HubSpot output my ad-platform tags via their own embed script. Therefore - I highly reccommend removing the pixels from the HubSpot ads setup section and instead deploying them on your own via Google Tag Manager. The HubSpot Ads feature doesn't add much value other than adding the pixels to all your website pages, advanced conversion/event tracking can and should be done inside your own GTM implementation for better control.

I remove all pixel implementation via the ads product for all clients we work with using HubSpot for the above reasons. HubSpot just doesn't give you enough control over how they are deployed as its part of the main tracking script.

Derek Cavaliero
Director of Engineering

WebMechanix
www.webmechanix.com
hassanahmed10

SOLVE

@hassanahmed10 @MiaSrebrnjak did you mean removing the HubSpot code from the website?

0 Upvotes
derekcavaliero
Solution

SOLVE

@hassanahmed10 

There are a couple things to consider:

1. If you are using GTM for your hubspot tracking code implementation, you need to create an exclusion trigger for pages hosted on the HubSpot CMS because the tracking script is output directly in the page. 
  2. If you have pixels configured inside GTM already for Facebook/LinkedIn/google ads remarketing, adding them inside the HubSpot ads feature will jsut cause duplicate tags to be output, I would suggest just implementing the tags in GTM and skip the pixel setup inside of HubSpot. 
Derek Cavaliero
Director of Engineering

WebMechanix
www.webmechanix.com
hassanahmed10

SOLVE

@derekcavaliero my website is built on HTLM/CSS I am not using any hosted HubSpot page. I just copy-paste the HubSpot code on GTM. Additionally, my Google Ads account is not linked to HubSpot in any way. Here is my website link https://quickstartresearchpaper.co.uk/

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @hassanahmed10,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I want to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:

Hi @Aakar@derekcavaliero@Mike_Eastwood, do you have any tips for @hassanahmed10? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team     

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes