Blog, Website & Page Publishing

BSeaton

How to recreate Divi/Wordpress website in Hubspot

SOLVE

My client website was built with Divi but they want their blog page to be created in Hubspot.

Is there any simple way to recreate the Divi menu and footer in Hubspot or do I need to manually rebuild with css? 

I'm familiar with basic html/css but not confident in my abilities to manually recreate the elements in a reasonable amount of time. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Thanks @PamCotton, happy to help!

@BSeaton To configure their blog in HubSpot, you'll need to use a theme for the listing page and blog post templates, it's no longer possible to purchase individual templates and I wouldn't recommend creating a one-off template unless you have a developer who really knows what they're doing.

The easiest path forward would be to find a theme that has the capabilities to match the current Divi header/footer/menu as closely as possible and if needed get help with a little CSS/JS to get it matching exactly.

There are hundreds of themes (free and paid) in the HubSpot Theme Marketplace, I've filtered this link to those with blog listing and blog post templates that you can use as a starting point.

Many themes include support if you have questions and some also include time towards customization that you could leverage for help getting it to match.

Full disclosure, I currently work with the team that created a theme, but prior to that I have built websites with a lot of the available themes and can point you in the right direction if you want to share a screenshot of the header/footer.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks @PamCotton, happy to help!

@BSeaton To configure their blog in HubSpot, you'll need to use a theme for the listing page and blog post templates, it's no longer possible to purchase individual templates and I wouldn't recommend creating a one-off template unless you have a developer who really knows what they're doing.

The easiest path forward would be to find a theme that has the capabilities to match the current Divi header/footer/menu as closely as possible and if needed get help with a little CSS/JS to get it matching exactly.

There are hundreds of themes (free and paid) in the HubSpot Theme Marketplace, I've filtered this link to those with blog listing and blog post templates that you can use as a starting point.

Many themes include support if you have questions and some also include time towards customization that you could leverage for help getting it to match.

Full disclosure, I currently work with the team that created a theme, but prior to that I have built websites with a lot of the available themes and can point you in the right direction if you want to share a screenshot of the header/footer.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

BSeaton

SOLVE

Thanks so much Jennifer! That's very helpful. I've included screenshots of the header and footer. They're both quite plain, which is why I might be having trouble finding a theme that matches.

Let me know if you have any recommendations.

Screen Shot 2023-03-17 at 2.03.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-17 at 2.03.42 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

@BSeaton that's a tough one, because while it looks simple the footer is a bit more custom than what most footers would allow (primarily the multiple logos on the right and vertical dividing line), especially in a free theme.

And your header, while not shown in the screenshot, has button style links in the menu, which would either require a bit of CSS or a theme with a mega menu.

Most free themes have default layouts for the header and footer where you add your information, but can't really customize.

There are quite a few paid themes, such as the one from the agency I work for, where there is more flexibility built in, with an advanced footer that allows you to create a layout based on the number of columns you need and include buttons in the mega menu.

I don't know what your budget is for this project, so I'm not sure if purchasing a premium theme that has the features you need would be better/easiest, or if using a free theme and having either the theme developer or a freelance developer help with customizing the header/footer would be better.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @BSeaton happy Friday!

Thank you for posting in our Community!

I would like to add our top experts to this conversation @Jnix284 @Sjardo  @Jaqueline any recommendations for the @BSeaton matter?

Thank you.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !