Blog, Website & Page Publishing

MikhailK
Contributor | Diamond Partner

How to disable Drift integration?

SOLVE

Hi! I had Drift chat for a few months on our portal and decided to switch to Hubspot chat. 

After deleting Drift from Integrations/My Integrations its code is still on the pages. 

I tried everything - republishing templates, unpublish/publish pages, checked scripts everywhere - nothing. It still shows up and here's the code that initiates it: 

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 9.35.38 PM.png

Any idea how I can remove it finally?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MikhailK
Solution

SOLVE

The code finally disappeared... might be CDN/caching problems...

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
JohnH202020

SOLVE

I've got the same problem and cannot remove Drift. 

Where is that code so I can go into the HTML and delete it?

0 Upvotes
LollipopRob
Contributor

SOLVE

Looks like I made the mistake of changing the setting on the 'Default setting for all domains' and thinking this would do the same for all domains

Click the blue dropdown shown in the screenshot and ensure you have the Drift checkbox unchecked for each domain

2020-07-03_14-36-37.png

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @MikhailK is this page/site hoted with HubSpot? Are you / do you have access to the developer who orginially embedded this code? Lastly, have you reached out directly to Drift support?

0 Upvotes
MikhailK

SOLVE

I've developed this page by myself (using template from marketplace). There's no Drift code embedded there. It was added by Drift integration which I disabled in Hubspot. But script code still left there. When taking look at the html code of the page it is showing that scirpt goes after template code and it has comments "added by Drift integration". 

I've contacted Drift support but they don't reply (maybe because I already cancelled account there)

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks for the extra context @MikhailK. In truth, I'm not sure if/what HubSpot can do / control here but let me dig into this further. 

0 Upvotes
MikhailK
Solution

SOLVE

The code finally disappeared... might be CDN/caching problems...

melanieseifert
Contributor

SOLVE

I'm not sure if this is really a solution.  We have disabled our Drift Integration a couple months ago and the code still appears within our source html as well.... so clearly disabling the integration does not remove the inserted code.

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing the update @MikhailK!

0 Upvotes
Nuutti
Participant

SOLVE

I'm having the same problem. Hopefully, it will vanish by itself as well. Yet, if someone has ideas how to speed it up, let me know.

0 Upvotes
LollipopRob
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Nuutti, did it dissppear for you too?

0 Upvotes
Nuutti
Participant

SOLVE

The chat disappeared after some more tuning on Drift but the code seems to be still there.