Blog, Website & Page Publishing

HuwenArnone
Contributor

How to create a no follow parameter for links in the comments section of my blog?

SOLVE

Someone commented on my blog with a link I don't want to be crawled, how do I insert a no-follow parameter there?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

How to create a no follow parameter for links in the comments section of my blog?

SOLVE

Hi @HuwenArnone,

I've done some digging, but unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to add a nofollow only to one comment without being able to edit that comment directly in the database.

You could do something that made all comments nofollow, but it doesn't sound like that's ideal.

There may be other workarounds, but these are my initial conclusions.

One quick add...just based on my opinion, if the link isn't worthy of a follow, the comment may not be worth keeping.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Josh

SOLVE

Hi @HuwenArnone,

Are you looking to add the nofollow only to this specific comment with a link, or all blog comments that contain links? 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

HuwenArnone
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @Josh,

I want to give the no-follow to a specific comment with a link in my comment section!

If you know how I could proceed, I would really appreciate an answer.

Thanks in advance!

Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @HuwenArnone,

I've done some digging, but unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to add a nofollow only to one comment without being able to edit that comment directly in the database.

You could do something that made all comments nofollow, but it doesn't sound like that's ideal.

There may be other workarounds, but these are my initial conclusions.

One quick add...just based on my opinion, if the link isn't worthy of a follow, the comment may not be worth keeping.

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
HuwenArnone
Contributor

SOLVE

Totally, @Josh.

I was already thinking about deleting the comment, thank you very much for your help.

0 Upvotes