Blog, Website & Page Publishing

KaKaRoT
Contributor

How to change the landing page top level domain

Hello, 

We have a website which is built on WordPress and use HubSpot for landing pages. Say, 

Our website is - www.abcd.com

Landing page domain in HubSpot is - info.abcd.ai

So I want to change the HubSpot landing page top level domain to - info.abcd.com

Can anyone please help me what's the correct steps to do this. And once I do this will I lose the page analytics for existing landing pages? 

The goal is to change top level subdomain for landing pages and moving forward use the same for future landing pages. 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MAcess

To change the landing page's top-level domain and add the words "Chalets for rent in Beirut Lebanon" as an example, you can follow these steps:

1. Purchase a new domain with the desired top-level domain (TLD) such as ".com", ".net", or ".org" that is available and relevant to your website.

2. Set up hosting for the new domain and create a new landing page that includes the words "Chalets for rent in Beirut, Lebanon" in the title, meta description, and content.

3. Use 301 redirects to redirect traffic from the old landing page to the new landing page with the updated domain and content. This will help preserve your search engine rankings and avoid broken links.

4. Update any internal links on your website to point to the new landing page.

5. Update any external links pointing to the old landing page to point to the new landing page with the updated domain.

6. Submit the new landing page to search engines and update your sitemap to ensure that search engines can crawl and index the new page.

7. Promote the new landing page through social media, email marketing, and other channels to attract visitors and drive traffic to the updated page.

0 Upvotes
aaliyanshah

Hi there!

To change the top-level domain of your HubSpot landing page, you'll need to follow these steps:

1. Go to your HubSpot account and navigate to your landing pages.
  2. Select the landing page you want to edit and click on "Settings."
  3. Under "Settings," you will see "Domain," click on it.
  4. Click on "Add Domain" button.
  5. Enter the new domain name (in your case, it's info.abcd.com) and click on "Verify domain ownership."
  6. Verify the ownership of the new domain by following the instructions provided by HubSpot.
  7. Once the domain is verified, set the new domain as the default domain by clicking on the "Make Default" button.

That's it! Once you follow these steps, your landing page will be accessible from the new domain.

Regarding your concern about page analytics, you will not lose any analytics data for your existing landing pages. The analytics data will continue to be available in your HubSpot account under the old domain (info.abcd.ai). However, going forward, any new landing pages created using the new domain (info.abcd.com) will have their analytics data tracked separately.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

0 Upvotes