Blog, Website & Page Publishing

BGokalp

How to add blog tags on landing pages

SOLVE

Hi, I would like to ask something about the blog tagging system. As far as I know, Hubspot does not have the feature of having two different blog tags. However, I would like to have two separate tags on my blog listing page, but also, some of the contents I created are not blog posts but are landing pages. So, they should also have a tag and appear on the blog page. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BGokalp 

There is no native way to get HubSpot landing pages to appear in the blog feed and to acquire a blog tag, unfortunately. 

The best solution I can think is simply to publish a blog post for each new landing page - describe to content and its value and use CTAs to direct visitors to the LP. These blog posts often do quite well in terms of CTR and email engagement if distributed. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

@BGokalp,

Like @Phil_Vallender said, HubSpot treats blog pages and landing pages separately. They're built on their own templates and are most likely on their own subdomains, so there's no HubSpot setting to change the page type.

Creating blog posts that point to the respective landing page should work as long as both are distinct. However, if both pages will have the same exact content (or close), then you could get flagged by Google for duplicate content. In that case, the best practice is creating the blog post and redirecting the landing page to point to the blog post. If the landing page has built up any page authority, that should hopefully transfer over in time.

For blog tags, I am actually able to add multiple tags to individual blog posts. Looking at the blog tagging help article from HubSpot, multiple tags can be created and applied for a single blog post. From there, you can customize your listing page to allow the user to sort posts by tag. Let me know if I understood your question correctly!

Hope this helps!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@BGokalp in addition to what @jolle & @Phil_Vallender offered, I'd suggest looking into how HubDB could help you build a resource center (it's an advanced feature in Marketing Hub Enterprise or CMS Hub Pro/Enterprise), where blog, landing pages, and other resources you create could be "stored" with their own tags and then shown to users based on what they're looking for. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@BGokalp in addition to what @jolle & @Phil_Vallender offered, I'd suggest looking into how HubDB could help you build a resource center (it's an advanced feature in Marketing Hub Enterprise or CMS Hub Pro/Enterprise), where blog, landing pages, and other resources you create could be "stored" with their own tags and then shown to users based on what they're looking for. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

@BGokalp,

Like @Phil_Vallender said, HubSpot treats blog pages and landing pages separately. They're built on their own templates and are most likely on their own subdomains, so there's no HubSpot setting to change the page type.

Creating blog posts that point to the respective landing page should work as long as both are distinct. However, if both pages will have the same exact content (or close), then you could get flagged by Google for duplicate content. In that case, the best practice is creating the blog post and redirecting the landing page to point to the blog post. If the landing page has built up any page authority, that should hopefully transfer over in time.

For blog tags, I am actually able to add multiple tags to individual blog posts. Looking at the blog tagging help article from HubSpot, multiple tags can be created and applied for a single blog post. From there, you can customize your listing page to allow the user to sort posts by tag. Let me know if I understood your question correctly!

Hope this helps!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @BGokalp 

There is no native way to get HubSpot landing pages to appear in the blog feed and to acquire a blog tag, unfortunately. 

The best solution I can think is simply to publish a blog post for each new landing page - describe to content and its value and use CTAs to direct visitors to the LP. These blog posts often do quite well in terms of CTR and email engagement if distributed. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency