Blog, Website & Page Publishing

costalesja11
Contributor

How to add autoplay to vidyard videos in a blog page?

SOLVE

Hi,

I would like to ask for assistance if someone knows how to add autoplay functionality in vidyard videos from a blog page? 

We would like our videos to play automatically in some of our blog articles but seems there is no setup for that in the richtext field. I've tried to add an autoplay attribute as well from the source code (see below code for your reference) but seems not working as well. Please help Smiley Sad

{% video_player "embed_player" overrideable=False, type='scriptV4', hide_playlist=True, viral_sharing=False, embed_button=False, width='640', height='530', player_id='6381759771', style='' autoplay='autoplay' %}
or
{% video_player "embed_player" overrideable=False, type='scriptV4', hide_playlist=True, viral_sharing=False, embed_button=False, width='640', height='530', player_id='6381759771', style='' autoplay='1' %}

Thank you,
Julie Costales

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
costalesja11
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda,

We have resolve the issue. For the autoplay to works in vidyard, you'll need to log your hubspot account from the vidyard player page where you can find the list of videos you used in your hubspot pages. Here is the link, https://secure.vidyard.com.

Just select the video and choose the settings (by hovering on your selected video) to on the autoplay option. There is also an option to have a default autoplay that will apply to all the videos that will be created, if you head to the Content > Defaults > Autoplay.

I hope this helps everyone in case they'll be looking for the same issue. And hopefully hubspot will be able to add an autoplay attribute for the video tag.

Thanks,
Julie

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
hhawk
Contributor

SOLVE

Is there an update to this -- It seems like the design of the User Interface has changed since 2018.. 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @costalesja11,

Do you have a link to the page you're working on so we can take a look? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
costalesja11
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda,

We have resolve the issue. For the autoplay to works in vidyard, you'll need to log your hubspot account from the vidyard player page where you can find the list of videos you used in your hubspot pages. Here is the link, https://secure.vidyard.com.

Just select the video and choose the settings (by hovering on your selected video) to on the autoplay option. There is also an option to have a default autoplay that will apply to all the videos that will be created, if you head to the Content > Defaults > Autoplay.

I hope this helps everyone in case they'll be looking for the same issue. And hopefully hubspot will be able to add an autoplay attribute for the video tag.

Thanks,
Julie

louischausse
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Thank you for this solution!

However, I still have a problem with videos embedded in a  modal.

They are triggered at page load and they play in the background...

I would like them to be triggered when the button is clicked...

Here's an example page:

https://solutions.jlr.ca/en/features

thank you

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing @costalesja11

0 Upvotes