Blog, Website & Page Publishing

VictoriaPP

How to Remove a Global Header from a Landing Page Template

Hello - I'm trialling Hubspot and am using the default theme in the paltform to build a couple of landing pages for a campaign I'm running. 

The landing page template has a global header which seems to be centralised. Our logo is always left aligned but I can't do this so I've removed the logo from the global header (as I can't seem to left align it in the global editor) and added in a new module to put my logo above my header. 

Now I'd like to remove the global header but I can't seem to edit the template because it's within the theme. Any ideas on how to get rid of this header or move my logo so it's left aligned? 

https://paperplusuk-1.hubspotpagebuilder.com/request-a-furniture-consultation?hs_preview=geVxytPw-36... 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
VictoriaPP

Hi Ben, 

thanks - I had to add in a new module to left align the logo and just remove the logo from the global header. The header is still there but I don't think this looks too bad.

Thanks - yes that's the plan if it goes ahead we will get some custom templates build for us 🙂

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

What you are looking for in your trial is in the Design Manager.  In here you can edit the code behind your templates so that you can have a look and style that matches your brand.  Because while there are a good amount of templates in the marketplace, they do not meet all business needs and often modifications are needed to stay on brand.  From a business perspective I would recommend if you don't have resources in house to help, that you hire an outside consultant to help get you setup with a few templates (landing pages and emails) and maybe a basic form or two to get you started.  Then you can decide whether ongoing support is right for you or whether you have resources at that point to manage most of the process.

With that said in reviewing your design, your logo is left aligned per that template.  With the gutter, your page actually floats on larger resolutions. This is a very common practice with bootstrap templates like this one is.  With the way this is built you would have to modify the template to have the logo pushed farther to the left and get rid of the max-width declarations via the .dnd-section class on that row.

0 Upvotes