Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Rotageek
Miembro

How to Jump to a Specific Part of a Page

resolver

Hello, I am attempting to figure out a way to have some of my sections on one page and when clicked on a specific section from the naviagtion bar, to just jump down the page to the appropriate section. For instance, if I have apples, bananas, raspberries and strawberries in my navigation bar, I would like them all to be listen on one page. If I want to view raspberries, I want to click on raspberries from the navigation bar and for the page to jump down to raspberries and not redirect me to a different page. 

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @Rotageek

You need to use HTML anchor links for this. These are straightforward to implement in body copy and simple navigation modules, but you might need developer help to implement them within an advanced menu module. 

Here's some documentation on anchor links: How to Create a Link to Jump to a Specific Part of a Page [Quick Tip]

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @Rotageek

You need to use HTML anchor links for this. These are straightforward to implement in body copy and simple navigation modules, but you might need developer help to implement them within an advanced menu module. 

Here's some documentation on anchor links: How to Create a Link to Jump to a Specific Part of a Page [Quick Tip]

Hope this helps.

jimbanks
Colaborador | Partner
Colaborador | Partner

resolver

hey @Phil_Vallender your answer absolutely answers the question.

I've got a bit of a sidebar on the question though.

With more sites using SPA's (Single Page Applications) where anchors take you to points in the page to make them load quicker, how does HubSpot handle the "page view" in Analytics?

I've set up many sites that use anchors or hashes and converted the "pages" into virtual page views so that you are able to do funnel analysis, but never done it with HubSpot, so was just curious if you knew (and given your machine like response rate, I figured if anyone might, you might)

Thanks.

Jim BanksSetup, media buying and support for ecommerce merchants using Shopify who want to leverage the HubSpot Growth Stack.
HubSpot Gold Partner
0 Me gusta
Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @jimbanks

That's pushing my knowledge of development a bit, but I think wether it was a single page website with virtual page views or a single page application, you would have to manually tell the tracking code to record the view - I'm less sure about this in the virtual page view scenario though. 

Maybe this is of help: Tracking in single-page applications