Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

How to Architect Your Site: Website Pages

Highlighted
Empleado de HubSpot

Hi, everyone! My name is Kate; I’ve been a member of Hubspot’s Support for a little less than a year, and I’m here to give you a quick overview of how to use website pages, landing pages, and blog posts together to build a dynamic website that encapsulates your business and engages visitors.

Everybody knows it’s important to have a website as distinctive and special as your business. At HubSpot, we want to help you build the website of your dreams. If you’re using HubSpot’s tools to start building, you may be confused why we offer three different core tools for creating pages. Website pages, landing pages, and blog posts may seem similar from the outside, but they have some key distinctions that make a big difference when putting your website together. Over the next few weeks, I am going to walk you through how to use these three tools together to build your website from the ground up.

Today we’ll be looking specifically at website pages.

What makes a website page?

Website pages are the foundation of your website. When you build your website, think about what a person who is finding your site for the first time might want to discover (like a unique, eye-catching entrance page, information about your services, and contact information).

hubspothomepage.pngHubSpot's exciting homepage!

You may want to consider questions like: “Who are we? What do we offer? Who are we the best fit for? How can customers reach us?” Look for opportunities to answer these questions across your core pages. As your business grows, you can remodel or add website pages. But fundamentally, your website pages should capture the heart of your business.

What do I need to know about building a website page directly in HubSpot?

You can build your website using an external website builder and connect it to HubSpot, but if you choose to fully host your website and build your webpages with us (available if you have the “Website” add-on), here’s some technical information you should be aware of.

• If you have Marketing Basic, your website pages, landing pages, and blog posts will all be hosted on the same subdomain. If you have Marketing Professional or Enterprise, you can host each type of content on a different subdomain (for example, your website pages could be on www.puppiesvskitties.com, landing pages on info.puppiesvskitties.com, and blog posts on blog.puppiesvskitties.com).
  • Each website page can have its own look and feel by using different templates. You can find pre-built, customizable templates in the Template Marketplace or you can build your own templates in the Design Manager, either by using our drag-and-drop design interface or by getting under the hood to work with the HTML, JavaScript, and CSS directly. Using your templates, you can create and customize individual website pages within the website pages editor.

Once you’ve published a page, HubSpot will automatically gather data on who is visiting your pages, where they’re coming from, and what they’re doing. You can find this data in a handy “Analyze” tab for your aggregated website pages, and another one for each individual page. There are also widgets on your Marketing Dashboard for website pages, and we also show information about performance broken down by each subdomain or by content type (website pages, landing pages, blog posts) in your Traffic Analytics report.

1 Respuesta 1
Gestor de la comunidad

Thanks for sharing @katestadt!

Responder
0 Me gusta