Blog, Website & Page Publishing

RDowling-Fox

How do I move unpublished website pages to the staging environment?

SOLVE

Hi,

I have created my website pages via marketing >> website >> website pages and before go-live our corporate team want me to send them a staging link. When I go into the staging environment I am unable to see any of the pages I created via Marketing. Does anyone know how I can transfer my website pages into the staging environment?

Thanks.

Becky

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Teun
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RDowling-Fox ,

You can't, the content staging tool is a tool to redesign and relaunch an existing website. So you can only move published pages to the content staging or create new pages directly from content staging.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RDowling-Fox 

While you can't move the pages to content staging if you didn't build them there or access them if they aren't published, another option would be to add your corporate team to your HubSpot account.

This would allow them to view the preview links. All you would need to do is send them the preview link to the home page and they can navigate from there to the other pages just like they could with staged pages (depending on how you have your navigation set up, you might have to provide individual links).

Preview links are only visible to internal/HubSpot account owners, but even with a free account and access to website pages as "view" you can get them set up pretty easily to preview the site.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @RDowling-Fox 

While you can't move the pages to content staging if you didn't build them there or access them if they aren't published, another option would be to add your corporate team to your HubSpot account.

This would allow them to view the preview links. All you would need to do is send them the preview link to the home page and they can navigate from there to the other pages just like they could with staged pages (depending on how you have your navigation set up, you might have to provide individual links).

Preview links are only visible to internal/HubSpot account owners, but even with a free account and access to website pages as "view" you can get them set up pretty easily to preview the site.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Teun
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @RDowling-Fox ,

You can't, the content staging tool is a tool to redesign and relaunch an existing website. So you can only move published pages to the content staging or create new pages directly from content staging.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

PYoganathan
Contributor

SOLVE

Is it possible to revert back changes after a content staged is complete? For example, launch a new site but due to circumstances, you have to go back to the old site?

0 Upvotes
RDowling-Fox

SOLVE
Ahh that’s what I thought was the case.
Thanks very much for your help and taking the time to reply.
Best wishes,
Becky

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @RDowling-Fox, happy Friday! I would like to invite our top experts @DavidDennison @Teun @rlopez any recommendations for @RDowling-Fox matter?

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

RDowling-Fox

SOLVE
Thanks for connecting me with the experts.
Best wishes,
Becky
0 Upvotes