Blog, Website & Page Publishing

donrua
トップ投稿者

How do I lock, or unlock, a web page template for adding modules to?

解決

Where do I go to lock or unlock the ability to add modules to a template/page in the WYSWIG editor. (not Design Tools) I may not do it, but it's driving me nuts not to know where to do it. I'm sure there must be a KB showing were it's done, but I haven't been able to find it.

There are 50+ modules to pick from, and we have some styled for our brand, but the developer we used years ago didnt' set the templates up to be modifiable in the editor. I'd like to explore all my options.

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
webdew
解決策
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @donrua ,

Please refer to this article.

Also sharing a video how to enable module drag and drop https://www.loom.com/share/a64ace2e999d4c26bd1ccfef0800007b 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

6件の返信
milesofsmiles
メンバー

解決

When editing the template, right click on the module and click 'make flexible'

0 いいね!
donrua
トップ投稿者

解決

Perfect. Thank you. I hadn't found that KB article, and it covers the topic well. 

0 いいね!
webdew
解決策
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @donrua ,

Please refer to this article.

Also sharing a video how to enable module drag and drop https://www.loom.com/share/a64ace2e999d4c26bd1ccfef0800007b 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

MhillmanPAV
メンバー

解決

I'm having this issue but the template in question is not drag and drop. None of ours are, as they were created years ago by a third-party developer. However, I need to be able to add modules to a 'locked' template, and I have permissions to edit and code templates. 

I did read through the suggested articles, but they aren't addressing using HTML templates. 

0 いいね!
donrua
トップ投稿者

解決

Thanks Connor, but I don't believe it is a permissions issue. I have Super Admin rights, I've modified many templates in the Design Tools. But in the content editor, there are templates that won't let me add modules, and the language says to contact the developer to "allow it". But I'm not sure exactly what HS means by "allow it", and how I would turn that on or off.
Perhaps they mean that the template should be built with flex columns or something, but they don't explictly say that, they talk about "allowing" or not. Screen shot of the HS message:

donrua_0-1620148147431.png

0 いいね!
ConnorSlivensky
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner

解決

What do your permissions look like? I found this Community response that seems to be pointing to a lack of permissions to edit code/templates.

0 いいね!