Blog, Website & Page Publishing

eWebResults

How do I gate just one blog post?

SOLVE

Hi,

I've been looking everywhere and haven't been able to find an answer on this.

I want to know:

How do I make JUST 1 BLOG POST gated and require lead capture before allowing the user to see it? I do not want the other blog posts to be gated, just one.

Can I do this and if so, how?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
coreysmith
Solution
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

That's an interesting concept. Technically speaking, it wouldn't be a blog post if it was gated content. Search engines won't see it, it shouldn't appear in feeds, etc. Gated content should be hidden on a no-index, no-follow thank you page with the only way to get to it is through the gate.

I think what you are really asking is, "I have content that is similar to a blog but I want it to be gated."

Here's how I would handle it

1. Change the content delivery to a PDF and make it pretty. Like a case study. Make it clever and catchy.

2. Create a landing page that provides a tease for it that is clever and catchy. (this where we want to get people). You can even make this a pillar page with a form with content from step 3.

3. Write a series of blog posts that talk about concepts surrounding your gated content so that the concepts are in the blog but the actual content you are using as your gated content is on the thank you page.

Use CTAs to tie them together.

Hope this helps.

--
Corey Smith
Marketing Strategist • Founder
Tribute Media

--
Corey Smith
Directory of Digital Marketing
corey@intuitivewebsites.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
coreysmith
Solution

SOLVE

That's an interesting concept. Technically speaking, it wouldn't be a blog post if it was gated content. Search engines won't see it, it shouldn't appear in feeds, etc. Gated content should be hidden on a no-index, no-follow thank you page with the only way to get to it is through the gate.

I think what you are really asking is, "I have content that is similar to a blog but I want it to be gated."

Here's how I would handle it

1. Change the content delivery to a PDF and make it pretty. Like a case study. Make it clever and catchy.

2. Create a landing page that provides a tease for it that is clever and catchy. (this where we want to get people). You can even make this a pillar page with a form with content from step 3.

3. Write a series of blog posts that talk about concepts surrounding your gated content so that the concepts are in the blog but the actual content you are using as your gated content is on the thank you page.

Use CTAs to tie them together.

Hope this helps.

--
Corey Smith
Marketing Strategist • Founder
Tribute Media

--
Corey Smith
Directory of Digital Marketing
corey@intuitivewebsites.com
0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @eWebResults while HubSpot does allow you to create password protected pages for website and landing pages, I do not beleive this is applicable for blog posts. 
@coreysmith have you worked with anyone who has had the same goal?

@eWebResults could you please provide some more context as to why you want to gate the blog post?

0 Upvotes