Blog, Website & Page Publishing

person

How do I acccess the Design Manager?

SOLVE

Hello,

I’ve started the design certification course and have reached a roadblock early on. I have a very simple question: How do I get access to the software that includes the Design Manager? The “2. Exploring the Design Manager” video jumps right into the Design Manager with no explanation of how I get access to it. I don’t mean what nav option to choose—you explain you need to go to Content > Design Manager—I mean having that as an option in my account in the first place. I don’t have a Content option, only (looking left-to-right) Dashboard, Lead Flows, Collected Forms, and Settings.

I saw this above the videos:

Course access
    You can study the course content here, but you'll need the HubSpot marketing software to get certified.
    Start 30-day free trial [button]

So, I thought that would add the Content tools to my account. I clicked the “Start 30-day free trial” button and it took me to a page with no information about a 30-day free trial, but instead, a page where I could sign up for your various service tiers. I think “Marketing Free” was preselected. In any case, that didn’t solve my problem.

I kept looking. I already had a HubSpot account when I started the course. I’d noticed that the “1. Introduction to Designing on the HubSpot COS” video said to create a free designer account. Was this a different type of account than what I had? I would think the same account would work across the board, but the name of it was different, as was the sign-up form. So, I figured I’d sign up for one of those to see if it would help. Now I have two accounts and neither works as I’d hoped.

Could you please tell me what I need to do?

As a side note, this whole process is extremely frustrating. I’ve wasted well over 45 minutes trying to figure this out when, in my opinion, it should have been explained up front very clearly. Perhaps you would consider updating the material or page copy to explain it for future course attendees.

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Bruce

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
EricSalvi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

It sounds like you don't have access to the design manager because of your user permissions.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/hubspot-user-roles-guide#marketing-produ... talks about you have to have permissions set to Content Creator or higher.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
EricSalvi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

It sounds like you don't have access to the design manager because of your user permissions.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/hubspot-user-roles-guide#marketing-produ... talks about you have to have permissions set to Content Creator or higher.

0 Upvotes