Blog, Website & Page Publishing

SSchepers
Participant

How Can i use SEO In Hubspot if i don't have the CMS solution of Hubspot?

SOLVE

Hello Hubspot Community, 

Since 6 months we are using Hubspot at Surelock. We are really content with Hubspot but the SEO future doesn't work probably on our site. When I want to post a blog via Hubspot on my site I can't do it. 

My question is: Do I have to add Hubspot CMS to my package or is their a other we you can post through Hubspot at your site with out Hubspot CMS? 

Kind regards,

Stefan Schepers 

Surelock It Security Services

1 Accepted solution
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @SSchepers ,

You can host your blog content on HubSpot as a subdomain (e.g. nieuws.surelock.nl) but you can't host it in a subdirectory* (e.g. surelock.nl/neiuws) without moving your entire website into HubSpot CMS.

There are some SEO benefits to having your blog in a sub-folder (apparently; I'm no SEO expert) as opposed to a sub-domain, so you'd need to consider that too. Or you may decide it's just not worth the effort and keep it in WordPress (using a good WP SEO plugin like Yoast).

*There are some hacks to work around this (like a reverse proxy as discussed here) but I don't think I'd recommend recommend them unless you are super-technical and/or have a tech team to maintain it... but seeing what your business is, I suspect you might in your instance! Talk to one of your tech guys about a reverse-proxy and see what they say 🙂 

Regards,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @SSchepers ,

You can host your blog content on HubSpot as a subdomain (e.g. nieuws.surelock.nl) but you can't host it in a subdirectory* (e.g. surelock.nl/neiuws) without moving your entire website into HubSpot CMS.

There are some SEO benefits to having your blog in a sub-folder (apparently; I'm no SEO expert) as opposed to a sub-domain, so you'd need to consider that too. Or you may decide it's just not worth the effort and keep it in WordPress (using a good WP SEO plugin like Yoast).

*There are some hacks to work around this (like a reverse proxy as discussed here) but I don't think I'd recommend recommend them unless you are super-technical and/or have a tech team to maintain it... but seeing what your business is, I suspect you might in your instance! Talk to one of your tech guys about a reverse-proxy and see what they say 🙂 

Regards,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

SSchepers
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the info! I will ask the tech guys here for some more information about the reverse proxy. I'm not that technical, i never heard of the subdomain SEO-hack you told.👍

Kind regards, 

Stefan Schepers

SSchepers
Participant

SOLVE

(The posts needs to come in our NEWS sector not just as a random page, it is this page: https://www.surelock.nl/nieuws/