Blog, Website & Page Publishing

SebastDominguez

Hosting JSON Files - Url not working

Is it possible to host .json files in Hubspot (more precisely an animation of lottie-files) ? When I want to use the URL of said hosted file, the "animation" doesn't work for me. But it does do so by hosting it externally. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
mike-ward
Key Advisor

Hi @SebastDominguez ,

When you say it's "not working" are you getting some kind of console error? Or a CORS error in the browser? Or a 404 to the location of the JSON file?

And how are you adding the file, through the Design Manager as a coding asset, or through the File Manager?

Theoretically, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work - if you can give some more details on the problem, I may be able to suggest something else 🙂

Cheers,

Mike

SebastDominguez

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply. 

I am adding the file through the File Manager and getting the public url. Then I am creating a module. There I place the lottie script and the URL of the file hosted in Hubspot. Finally I see this error:

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-16 a la(s) 09.54.36.pngCaptura de pantalla 2021-03-16 a la(s) 09.52.23.png

If I place a url outside Hubspot I see the animation Ok...

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
mike-ward
Key Advisor

Sorry for the slow reply @SebastDominguez !

Did you solve this in the end? Did you try adding the file in the design tools instead of through file manager? It will get stored in a different place, and I wonder if the CORS rules are more permissive...

Thanks,

Mike

0 Upvotes