Blog, Website & Page Publishing

dcwa
Participant

Horizontal spacers not working on live landing page

I don't know if anyone has experienced this and found a fix, but I have been struggling with this for a solid day and I'm about to throw my laptop out the window! I've created a landing page template in Design Manager using horizontal spacers to keep the two-column layout centred on the page with plenty of padding. However, when I create a landing page from this template and view it in preview/live, it's as if the horizontal spacers are non-existent and the content is right up to the edge of the screen and in some views, partly off screen.

Someone please help me find a fix, it's driving me crazy!

6 Replies 6
Bond01

I am having the same problem! Has anyone found a fix for this? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Bond01,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

First, I'd like to ask clarifying questions:

- Is it a HubSpot page? Or an external page?
- How did you add the separator? By drag and drop? Or by adding HTML code, please?

The more info, screenshots (without sensitive/confidential information), and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

I found for you the solution from @anthonypizzurro on this similar post "Creating horizontal breaks on a landing page" that might help you if you want to try adding it via HTML code.

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation @Franci, @AdamLPW and @Jnix284, do you have any suggestions to help @Bond01, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks and have a lovely day!
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Happy to help @Bond01 if you can provide answers to the questions from @BérangèreL - knowing how you built the page, what theme, etc. would be the best way for us to jump in and help 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

MelissaWilson
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Did you get a fix for this? I'm having the same issue 8 months later and cannot figure out how to resolve it. Is there a way to adjust the size of the spacers?

jieyintan
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @dcwa 

Do you have a link to the Preview page? 🙂 

From there, we can try to troubleshoot this to find out how to best display and format your page! 

0 Upvotes
dcwa
Participant

Yes, sure - here's a preview: https://go.comlaude.com/com-laude-two-sides-of-brand-protection?hs_preview=IDRiUQLd-30523893244

The content is hugging the left of the screen despite there being a horizontal spacer in there to stop this.

0 Upvotes