Blog, Website & Page Publishing

KellyPat3816
Participant

Highlighted texts on blogs for no reason

SOLVE

Good morning!

My blog content is coming up highlighted randomly on some posts.  For example,  on the first post, the words are highlighted white, but NOT on the bottom post.  It appears to do this randomly and I can't figure it out!  Any ideas? See screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 11.25.35 AM.png

2 Accepted solutions
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KellyPat3816,

In looking through the blog posts on your website, the one you show here is the only one that has the odd highlight. There is a span tag around that content in the actual post that is adding that white background. Your other posts do not use this in-line styling to apply a white background. If you can, I would recommend going to the post and removing the styling behind that paragraph similar to your other posts. Because it's pulling to your blog posts page dynamically, it is also pulling the in-line styling with it.

That should do the trick!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

DavidDennison
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Definitely what @Josh said!

Also to prevent this in the future, make sure that you clear formatting when you paste in your blog content. Usually, the paste feature will add span tags and other kinds of formatting from wherever you copied it from.

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
DavidDennison
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Definitely what @Josh said!

Also to prevent this in the future, make sure that you clear formatting when you paste in your blog content. Usually, the paste feature will add span tags and other kinds of formatting from wherever you copied it from.

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @KellyPat3816,

In looking through the blog posts on your website, the one you show here is the only one that has the odd highlight. There is a span tag around that content in the actual post that is adding that white background. Your other posts do not use this in-line styling to apply a white background. If you can, I would recommend going to the post and removing the styling behind that paragraph similar to your other posts. Because it's pulling to your blog posts page dynamically, it is also pulling the in-line styling with it.

That should do the trick!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

KellyPat3816
Participant

SOLVE

Josh, that worked like a dream!  I don't know how the span tag got into the content, but I removed it and it worked like it was supposed to.  I very much appreciate your help!