Blog, Website & Page Publishing

AShairzay
Contributor

Hide this module not clickable

Whenever I try to click the "Hide this module" icon in the Edit screen, it just opens the module instead of toggling the visibility of the module as expected. Am I doing something wrong?

hubspot-hide.gif

0 Upvotes
13 Replies 13
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Thanks @TiphaineCuisset happy to help!

Hi @AShairzay, have you tried clicking the ellipsis (3 dot menu) and choosing Hide this Module to see if that works?

Jnix284_0-1669119324852.png

I believe this sidebar layout is still in beta, I'm not sure if this is a theme related bug or something to do with the new layout, I'll pass this on to the team via the dev slack to see if I can gain any additional insights.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

AShairzay
Contributor

Yeah, I don't see that option... So it's in beta and not available to all users is probably what's happening?

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 8.05.34 AM.png

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Hi @AShairzay  did you develop the theme you are using? I'm starting to think this is a theme compatibility issue and not related to the base functionality to hide the module.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
AShairzay
Contributor

I did not. Has there been an issue with incompatible themes? The one we're using isn't that old...

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

@AShairzay it might not hurt to reach out to the developer, the show/hide capability does have to be coded into the theme.

AShairzay
Contributor

Not sure that's an option... Is there a help doc on how to implement?

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

@AShairzay not that I can find, perhaps @Stephanie-OG has more insight - re: if the show/hide functionality isn't available for a module.

Stephanie-OG
Key Advisor

Hey @Jnix284 - thanks for the shout out!

@AShairzay - I believe that for the responsive show/hide option on a page, you need to add a breakpoint to your theme's theme.json file, which you'll find in the top level theme folder, like this:

HubSpot theme.json file showing reponsive_breakpoints objectHubSpot theme.json file showing reponsive_breakpoints object

You'll find the documentation here.

I hope that helps!

Stephanie

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact

Jnix284

@Stephanie-OG thank you, you rock!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AShairzay 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @nikodev @Anton @Jnix284 do you have any thoughts for @AShairzay on this? 

Thank you!
Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
AShairzay
Contributor

Thanks. Really don't want to delete those modules if I can avoid it, since they'll need to be re-inserted in a few weeks...

0 Upvotes
katie
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @AShairzay ,

Thanks for posting. The reason the hide functionality isn't working as expected is because you're using a flex column, which unfortunately isn't compatible with our responsive breakpoint feature. If you were to switch to drag and drop areas for that template, you should be able to use it normally! I did flag to the team that the hide icon was showing incorrectly for the flex columns and we should now have it fixed so that it no longer appears in that situation. 

Because flex columns are an older format, we will not be adding responsive breakpoint or other drag and drop area features to flex columns in the future. 

I hope this helps!

Katie

AShairzay
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I'll be honest, I'm a little confused why breakpoints are relevant to hiding/showing a module, but I won't worry about it. I added a boolean to the most used modules that will add a class with a "display: none" to the section if checked, and have instructed my clients to use that for now.

0 Upvotes