Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Kimberly1

Having 2 blogs on one site - what are the pros and cons?

SOLVE

We currently have our blogs hosted on Hubspot, and we are in the middle of migrating our whole website from Wordpress to Hubspot, including a series of Case Studies.

For the case studies, I'm considering creating a second blog so we can use categories/topics to identify them and pull them into certain pages. But I don't know much about how to work the Blog in Hubspot and not sure if by having a second blog in our account/site will make blogs more difficult to manage.

Basically I'm looking for some insights for these questiosns:

1. How will I manage them so they are visually and logically separated - under different folders, and when I want to display a few case study posts by industry I don't accidentally pull in a regular blog? 

2. Will I be able to create and use separate templates for these 2 blogs?

3. Where do I specify categories witin a blog?

4. How to I apply these categories to a particular Case Study blog post?

5. If a second blog (for Case Studies) is not the way to go, how should I organize case study pages so they can be referenced (pulled into a services page) dynamically?

Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions!

2 Accepted solutions
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Kimberly1  HubSpot does allow you to create multiple blogs. See below for answers to your queries.

1. How will I manage them so they are visually and logically separated - under different folders, and when I want to display a few case study posts by industry I don't accidentally pull in a regular blog? 

The Blog content interface allows you to pick the individual blog you are working on, and switch between your multiple blogs. See How to create a blog, How to create a second blog, and How to create and publish a blog post.

Absolutely! See How to create a blog template. Change templates in the Blog General Configurations

We call them Topics or Tags

See Topics or Tags above

5. If a second blog (for Case Studies) is not the way to go, how should I organize case study pages so they can be referenced (pulled into a services page) dynamically?

If the HubSpot blogging tool doesn't meet your needs, you can use another blogging tool and use RSS feeds from the tool within your landing and other pages. 

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Kimberly1

You can change the subdomin or subfolder of a blog at any time. I wouldn't recommend using the hs-sites domain at any time though. Better to use any subdomain of your main domain. 

We manage lots of sites that have both blog posts and case studies in blog format, and it causes no real problem. The only issue tends to be that the most recently created blog loads by defualt when you go to the blogging tool in HubSpot - but favoriting the one you want to see most often fixes that. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Kimberly1  HubSpot does allow you to create multiple blogs. See below for answers to your queries.

The Blog content interface allows you to pick the individual blog you are working on, and switch between your multiple blogs. See How to create a blog, How to create a second blog, and How to create and publish a blog post.

Absolutely! See How to create a blog template. Change templates in the Blog General Configurations

We call them Topics or Tags

See Topics or Tags above

If the HubSpot blogging tool doesn't meet your needs, you can use another blogging tool and use RSS feeds from the tool within your landing and other pages. 

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Kimberly1

SOLVE

Hi Edjusten,

Thank you so much for these references. I will study them and make sure I understand the implications of a second blog before I go ahead and create it. I will let you know if I have further questions about a certain point.

0 Upvotes
Kimberly1

SOLVE

Hi @edjusten,

One more question, please - can I change the Blog URL after the new blog has been created? I don't have a suitable url to map it to right now, that will have to be determined later, for the time bing, can I just use a default value, such as "http://2952017.hs-sites.com" and append "case-studies" to it?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Kimberly1

You can change the subdomin or subfolder of a blog at any time. I wouldn't recommend using the hs-sites domain at any time though. Better to use any subdomain of your main domain. 

We manage lots of sites that have both blog posts and case studies in blog format, and it causes no real problem. The only issue tends to be that the most recently created blog loads by defualt when you go to the blogging tool in HubSpot - but favoriting the one you want to see most often fixes that. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Kimberly1

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

That's good to know. Thank you for the insight!

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Thanks for chiming in @Phil_Vallender. I have nothing further to add. Man LOL

Ed