Blog, Website & Page Publishing

CGFI

H1 tags and how to edit on a webpage

SOLVE

Hello, I have done an optimization scan on my webpages and it says my home page has six H1 tags, and my other pages two H1 tags.  It seems related to the number of sections/modules on the page.  Is there anyway to edit the sections to change the H1 tags of the non-header section to H2 tags?  I've worked on this for several hours and have not found anything that has cleared the issue.  Thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CGFI 

Depending on which Module you used you can either change it in the left column or the editor.

Example 1 - the Heading Module

The controls for Heading appear on the left column when you click on your heading in the main page editor.

app.hubspot.com_pages_21626122_editor_70570740852_content(1440 x 900) (1).png

Example 2 - the Rich Text Module

The controls for Heading appear in the editor above the text when you click on your text in the main page editor.

app.hubspot.com_pages_21626122_editor_70570740852_content(1440 x 900) (2).png

Aim to have a single h1 **bleep** you pointed out, then a hierarchy of headings h2, then h3 with subtopics of your h2.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

CGFI
Solution

SOLVE

Mike, this is great and worked.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @CGFI 

Depending on which Module you used you can either change it in the left column or the editor.

Example 1 - the Heading Module

The controls for Heading appear on the left column when you click on your heading in the main page editor.

app.hubspot.com_pages_21626122_editor_70570740852_content(1440 x 900) (1).png

Example 2 - the Rich Text Module

The controls for Heading appear in the editor above the text when you click on your text in the main page editor.

app.hubspot.com_pages_21626122_editor_70570740852_content(1440 x 900) (2).png

Aim to have a single h1 **bleep** you pointed out, then a hierarchy of headings h2, then h3 with subtopics of your h2.

Have fun

Mike

CGFI
Solution

SOLVE

Mike, this is great and worked.  Thank you!