Blog, Website & Page Publishing

ebrennan
Participante

Great examples of a Features page

resolver

Hey Everyone, I'm wondering if you can share your favorite features pages with me? I'm doing a bit of R&D for our site alongside.com. Looking to overhaul our Features page to be more user-friendly. Please share your favorites with me. I'd appreciate it. Oh, and if they are HubSpot hosted, that'd be wonderful. Cheers! Em

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Ty
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @ebrennan,

Feature page design is pretty important since it can be the lasting impression needed for you to close a sale. HubSpot put out this blog post last October that lists some great examples!

Personally, I like feature pages to be simple with as little 'interaction' needed as possible. Some examples of the interaction I dislike are tabbers, slideshows, modals, etc. Your product/features page should lay out all the benefits in one simple layout, people shouldn't have to work to find out what your software can do! 🙂

These are some of my favorite ones (in no particular order) that I've come across:

- Wistia: I really like how they use gifs to show product features. A gif says more about a product than just a line of text that says "change the color of your video player".

- Intercom: Being an illustrator, I absolutely love how they built a branding around quirky character illustrations. On their feature(s) page, they include a lot of gif/videos that play showing you how the product works, but they also use a lot of dynamic effects. Some of these effects are triggered on scroll, so it feels like your reading an interactive story and less of just a bullet list. 

- GitHub: Let me preface this by saying the design isn't jaw-dropping. What I do like is that they include a secondary nav that helps you navigate the page quickly and efficiently. If I want to know the features that come with 'docs', I just click a button, etc. 

- Heroku: Heroku has many different options, but all the feature pages for each one follow the same sort of style. They are short, open and utilize video to tell you about the product, rather than a wall of text.

- Box: Box utilizes a card-based layout for their sections, this helps keep the page readable and clean.

- Wishpond: Has a clean and light page design. They utilize negative space and a card-layout to help keep their products organized. 

Hopefully this list can get you started! Overall, I think a feature page will be effective if it's clear, readable and has a definitive action associated to it (ie: get a demo, sign up, etc). One thing I see a lot of people not doing is utilizing a page like this for lead gen. Giving a user a definitive action could be the tipping point to closing a sale, and you don't want want to miss out on something like that!

Looking forward to seeing this conversation take off!

-- Ty

Exibir solução no post original

4 Respostas 4
Ty
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @ebrennan,

Feature page design is pretty important since it can be the lasting impression needed for you to close a sale. HubSpot put out this blog post last October that lists some great examples!

Personally, I like feature pages to be simple with as little 'interaction' needed as possible. Some examples of the interaction I dislike are tabbers, slideshows, modals, etc. Your product/features page should lay out all the benefits in one simple layout, people shouldn't have to work to find out what your software can do! 🙂

These are some of my favorite ones (in no particular order) that I've come across:

- Wistia: I really like how they use gifs to show product features. A gif says more about a product than just a line of text that says "change the color of your video player".

- Intercom: Being an illustrator, I absolutely love how they built a branding around quirky character illustrations. On their feature(s) page, they include a lot of gif/videos that play showing you how the product works, but they also use a lot of dynamic effects. Some of these effects are triggered on scroll, so it feels like your reading an interactive story and less of just a bullet list. 

- GitHub: Let me preface this by saying the design isn't jaw-dropping. What I do like is that they include a secondary nav that helps you navigate the page quickly and efficiently. If I want to know the features that come with 'docs', I just click a button, etc. 

- Heroku: Heroku has many different options, but all the feature pages for each one follow the same sort of style. They are short, open and utilize video to tell you about the product, rather than a wall of text.

- Box: Box utilizes a card-based layout for their sections, this helps keep the page readable and clean.

- Wishpond: Has a clean and light page design. They utilize negative space and a card-layout to help keep their products organized. 

Hopefully this list can get you started! Overall, I think a feature page will be effective if it's clear, readable and has a definitive action associated to it (ie: get a demo, sign up, etc). One thing I see a lot of people not doing is utilizing a page like this for lead gen. Giving a user a definitive action could be the tipping point to closing a sale, and you don't want want to miss out on something like that!

Looking forward to seeing this conversation take off!

-- Ty

ebrennan
Participante

resolver

Thank you Ty! This is very helpful 🙂

0 Avaliação positiva
roisinkirby
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

resolver

Hey @ebrennan welcome to the Community - and thanks for your post!

Is this: https://www.alongside.com/features/promote-and-acquire the page you are looking to redesign? Could you share some further details on your product/service, who your target audience is and/or any core style and design values your website adheres to?

Hands up for the bias here, but HubSpot had a site re-design late last year and I'm a big fan of the new product/feature pages: https://www.hubspot.com/products/marketing

That said, this is not my area of expertise - so let's see what the experts have to say / share: @Ty @ndwilliams3 @DaniellePeters @stefen @Jsum @Phil_Vallender @Gonzalo

Thanks again for posting @ebrennan, I look forward to it sparking some great discussions!

ebrennan
Participante

resolver

Thanks Róisín! Yeah that's the page we're changing. Our target audience consists of recruiters, HR professionals, company owners/founders and managers. We're a hiring software with our core offering being a user-friendly applicant tracking system and job distributor. We have a ton of amazing features/benefits and we feel our features page just isn't doing us justice. We rebranded back in September 2016 and from then to now, our product is now super sexy and amazing. Now we need to show it off the best way possible.  🙂

0 Avaliação positiva