Blog, Website & Page Publishing

KJagger

Google Search Console error:Excluded by ‘noindex’ tag

SOLVE

Hi, 

We've just recieved a notification from Google Search Console saying that there is an Excluded by ‘noindex’ tag error on the following page: [our domain]/_hcms/perf

When I click on the link, all that appears is a white page with 'OK' written in the top left. Not something we have created (or would want to create!)

Does anyone know what this page is and how to resolve this error?

Kind regards, 

Kain

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mbrown
Solution
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @TiphaineCuisset

@KJagger, I have spoken to HubSpot support as our website is showing the same and this is a internal page used to monitor the performance of websites hosted on HubSpot. It's not a problem for Google to crawl that URL and it's not bad for SEO as HubSpot sends an 'x-robots-tag: none' response in the Response Header, which is equivalent to noindex, nofollow. This tells search engines to not include this page in their search index.

If you would like to stop search engines from crawling the URL you could disallow it in your robots.txt file
e.g.
User-agent: *
Disallow: /_hcms/per

footer

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
KJagger

SOLVE
thank you for your reply! It is useful to know that it's not just me with
this issue!
0 Upvotes
kdebra

SOLVE

@KJagger

i also face issue that my link no index in google and i request for indexing many times.

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @KJagger. I received a somewhat similar email from Search Console this morning, too. A few "not indexed because we can't determine the prominent video" hits. In your case, a page that isn't a page is an oddity. I'd look at a couple of things. 

Here are two resources I found to help with the noindex issue:

Next I'd find your pages in your CMS and see if the one listed is something you can find. You may need to look at your site's sitetree, or use a tool like Screaming Frog to see if it picks up this page somehow. Then you can maybe fix it or delete the non-page page. 

And like @TiphaineCuisset mentioned, I'd lean on HubSpot technical support if needed. 

All the luck your way!

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
mbrown

SOLVE

Hi @danmoyle,

As mentioned in my comment below, it is an internal page used to monitor the performance of websites hosted on HubSpot, so not one that can be found with the HubSpot CMS 😊

footer
danmoyle

SOLVE

Thanks for the heads up @mbrown 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
KJagger

SOLVE

Many thanks, Dan. Much appreciated

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KJagger 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @danmoyle @mbrown @Sam62 do you know what could be happening here? 

@KJagger I would also recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
mbrown
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @TiphaineCuisset

@KJagger, I have spoken to HubSpot support as our website is showing the same and this is a internal page used to monitor the performance of websites hosted on HubSpot. It's not a problem for Google to crawl that URL and it's not bad for SEO as HubSpot sends an 'x-robots-tag: none' response in the Response Header, which is equivalent to noindex, nofollow. This tells search engines to not include this page in their search index.

If you would like to stop search engines from crawling the URL you could disallow it in your robots.txt file
e.g.
User-agent: *
Disallow: /_hcms/per

footer
KJagger

SOLVE

Thanks Mali!

0 Upvotes