Blog, Website & Page Publishing

CE31

Glossary Template

SOLVE

Hi, 

does anyone know where to find a template or at least some kind of workaround for a glossary page on HubSpot?

Cheers.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

Glossary Template

SOLVE

Hi @CE31! Have you looked into HubDB and dynamic pages:
Create and populate HubDB tables (hubspot.com)

Create dynamic pages (hubspot.com)

This is a solution we use to generate "in the news," testimonial, and event webpages for our site. I could see a glossary page working with this method.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

Glossary Template

SOLVE

Hi @CE31! Have you looked into HubDB and dynamic pages:
Create and populate HubDB tables (hubspot.com)

Create dynamic pages (hubspot.com)

This is a solution we use to generate "in the news," testimonial, and event webpages for our site. I could see a glossary page working with this method.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
CE31

Glossary Template

SOLVE

Hi @Crystal_Hopper, thank you very much for your suggestion 🙂 Been working around a bit with it and I came to the point where I was able to construct a dynamic page template. Unfortunately, it remains outside the standard design of the website. Do you have any idea how to implement the typical design elements (header, footer, navigational elements, etc.) for this new template in a simple way? And mind you, we are working on an amateur level since we do not involve developers at this point 😁

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

Glossary Template

SOLVE

I'm so happy for you! I know it feels awesome to figure something like that out. Yes, always more work that could be done, but make sure you celebrate this win. 

And, you've reached my amatuer limit with design also. What I do know is that the page my HubDB displays on has it's own layout and template built in Design Manager. The space that displays the content is a custom Widget that I can get to via Design Manager and look at the Source Code. I see it has it's own HTML, CSS and .js functions. How anyone gets to this point is beyond me. I'm very thankful for people who can think this stuff through and write this kind of code, but that is not my brain. 🙂

You might pop back to the main Marketing forum here and go into the Template Design category and see what you can learn or ask your question there. I see some of the top contributers there are @Bruno_Teixeira and @trevordjones, among others. I'm sure you'll be able to figure this out.

0 Upvotes