Blog, Website & Page Publishing

arisdorf
Participant

Gated CTA in blog post?

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm using the blog feature as a general "knowledge center" in our website that holds articles, case studies and tech notes. While all the content is openly accessible, the tech notes are also available for a download as a pdf (with a CTA at the end of the article) and I would like to make the CTA for the pdf download gated. Is this possible?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

Gated CTA in blog post?

SOLVE

@arisdorf  If you dont want to gate the download behind the HubSpot Pop-Up form ( which I recommend) , then you can use a regular HubSpot form which is hidden on the page using HTML & CSS. Once someone clicks the button ( download pdf) , the page expands and form becomes visible. For example check this page: https://www.roambee.com/pricing/
If you press the " check pricing" button, the form becomes visible. 

Hope this helps

Thank you.

-AM 

#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Gated CTA in blog post?

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I'm using the blog feature as a general "knowledge center" in our website that holds articles, case studies and tech notes. While all the content is openly accessible, the tech notes are also available for a download as a pdf (with a CTA at the end of the article) and I would like to make the CTA for the pdf download gated. Is this possible?

Short A: "Gated CTA" -- sounds complicated.

Longer A:

If we understand your use case and your intention is to gate the content to which the original CTA refers, easier solutions may be to ...

-1- replace the original CTA with an uber-simple lead capture form.

-or-

-2- change the target link in the current CTA to a landing page with a lead capture form.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
arisdorf
Participant

Gated CTA in blog post?

SOLVE

Thank you for your reply. Indeed, I provide the content in the blog as an html and only the pdf of the content would be hidden behind a form. I was hoping a CTA with a Javascript form "popup" would be possible somehow but if not, a landing page with a brief form will have to do...

0 Upvotes
AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

Gated CTA in blog post?

SOLVE

@arisdorf  If you dont want to gate the download behind the HubSpot Pop-Up form ( which I recommend) , then you can use a regular HubSpot form which is hidden on the page using HTML & CSS. Once someone clicks the button ( download pdf) , the page expands and form becomes visible. For example check this page: https://www.roambee.com/pricing/
If you press the " check pricing" button, the form becomes visible. 

Hope this helps

Thank you.

-AM 

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
arisdorf
Participant

Gated CTA in blog post?

SOLVE

Thanks very much for this, Hubspot Pop-Up form seems indeed to be the ideal solution!

0 Upvotes