Blog, Website & Page Publishing

rickbyrd
Participant

GSC Redirect Errors - Can Not Determine How The Redirects Are Being Created

Google Search Console is recognizing over 200 redirect errors like this one - https://www.bigpictureloans.com/cs/c/?cta_guid=95ad0a58-410b-4690-b4d7-1d32f09e9a4f&signature=AAH58k...

I can not figure out what this redirect is or where it is coming from.  It acts like a meta refresh but there is no code for that on any of the pages.

rickbyrd_0-1606243634106.png

Then I get this message: 

rickbyrd_1-1606243961822.png

Below is the redirect path:

rickbyrd_2-1606244125758.png

Can you help identify what this is and why this is happening?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Hkila

if you are facing this prolem then i am able to guide you the right path as an expert in dearch engine optimization you can visit painting  to see more details and find the solution of your problem also.

0 Upvotes
JonPayne
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @rickbyrd - it looks like in the attribute for the click to call element, the tracking (maybe?) is causing desktop browsers and Google bot to follow the redirect for phones - which I guess you already know 🙂 I've had this in the past with other tracking (not HubSpot) and to get to the bottom of the problem, I removed all the tracking and just left the click to call. If you no longer have the wierd redirect problem, then tried to see if I could add in only the essential elements of the tracking.

If that doesn't work, maybe try turning off AMP on the blog: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/how-to-use-accelerated-mobile-pages-amp-in-hubspot and seeing if it stops.

Neither of these are solutions but they're the steps I'd take to get towards one.

Let me know how you get on...

rickbyrd
Participant

@JonPayne,

When I checked GSC this morning, all of these weird redirects were gone except for two of them.  I did not make any changes yet so I am not sure what to even try now.  Oh well!  If it happens again I will try your suggestions.

Thanks!

Rick 

JonPayne

Hi Rick. My guess is that Google learned that all the wierd re-directs on your domain were in error, given that they were mainly centred around that click to call element, so it just removed them as problems in your dashboard. Happy days!! 🙂

rickbyrd
Participant

Jon,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will give them a try and see what happens.

Rick

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @rickbyrd 

Thank you for reaching out. 

It seems you have a paid subscription so you have access to the Technical Support team. I'd recommend reaching out to the team as they would be able to review your settings on your portal with you.

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !