Blog, Website & Page Publishing

shawn2nd

Fastest Page Speed with Videos?

Question for the speed optimization junkies in here! I'm working on a client project, they're hosted on HubSpot and optimization and page speed is a HUGE KPI for them. Does anyone have any experience with testing site speed and video hosting?

What I'm trying to figure out is what is the best way to host a longer video on a page, and keep loading times down. The current options are:

1. Host on YouTube and Embed
  2. Host on Vimeo and Embed
  3. Host on HubSpot file manager and place directly

From the three options, has anyone seen any significant speed gains in one over the other, or defined a clear winner from the three?

Happy to read all insights and comments here! Thanks!
0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @shawn2nd 

Indeed, videos have a huge impact on the website's loading speed. So, it is very important to use the best way to host videos on blogs or web pages. 

To keep loading times down, I would recommend you to host your video on youtube and embed it on the page as Youtube is a separate platform and stores the data on a different server. Remember, the lesser the consumption of space, the minimum the website loading speed. 

Hope it helps!
Thanks and Regards.

shawn2nd

Hey @webdew thanks, but that only scratches the surface of my question. I mean in essence Vimeo will also do the exact same thing you're referring to. I got with this specific question between the three options I listed in the OP, and am hoping to find someone who maybe has done some in depth testing on the topic.

Gonna give it a week, and might just go ahead and test this myself 🙂

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @shawn2nd 

Welcome to the Community!

I especially want to highlight this resource which discusses HubSpot and site speed in great detail. Also, want to share this knowledge base article that outlines factors that can have an impact on loading times, and also it's worth reviewing this performance guide.
I'll tag a few experts that might be able to share some tips.

Hey @Kevin-C @Tnichs @Ben-M anything you would like to share here.

Thanks

Sharon 

I hope this helps

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

shawn2nd

Hey Sharon!

Thanks for the guides, while it didn't directly answer the question it's always helpful to have some extra resources saved up for other projects that may come up!

Hoping one experts on the topic can chime in 🙂