Blog, Website & Page Publishing

KayleighN
Participant

Export list of blog posts

SOLVE

Hello,

Is it possible to export a list of all published blog posts to an Excel file?

Best,

Kayleigh

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
kaburke
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

To export all blog posts with tags and blog URLs related to the blog posts, this can be done via Reports > Analytics Tools > Website Analytics.  Ensure you select "Blog posts" as the "Page Type" (in the upper left corner) Click the <Export> link (in the upper right corner) Select " xlsx" as the "File Format". This export will get a complete report of blog posts, including name, author, URL, tags, dates, campaigns, etc

View solution in original post

Seahawksean
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Here is how to export a CSV file with the actual blog post data that is required for migration.

This is certainly a convoluted way of getting the CSV file, but it does provided most of what you need. 

https://www.bluleadz.com/blog/how-to-export-a-hubspot-blog.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
TDomino

SOLVE

Hi, which are the specific permissions to export blog content? When i click "more tools" i found the option disabled.

Thank you

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @TDomino 

Thank you for reaching out. 

You should have edit permissions for the Blog to be able to export the content. If this still does not work I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots about this. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Seahawksean
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Here is how to export a CSV file with the actual blog post data that is required for migration.

This is certainly a convoluted way of getting the CSV file, but it does provided most of what you need. 

https://www.bluleadz.com/blog/how-to-export-a-hubspot-blog.

kaburke
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

To export all blog posts with tags and blog URLs related to the blog posts, this can be done via Reports > Analytics Tools > Website Analytics.  Ensure you select "Blog posts" as the "Page Type" (in the upper left corner) Click the <Export> link (in the upper right corner) Select " xlsx" as the "File Format". This export will get a complete report of blog posts, including name, author, URL, tags, dates, campaigns, etc

Tiff_Commonfund
Contributor

SOLVE

I was able to export the complete list, but there is no columm for Campaign.  Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Upvotes
Phil_DM2
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hello, 

I checked to see what happens when you export blogs from HubSpot, and it does appear to be a Zip file with HTML links. There doesn't seem to be a way to export your blog pages to Excel through HubSpot, however, I believe there could be an alternative.

It's not exactly the cleanest option, but I'm wondering if you could export your blog analytics data into an Excel spreadsheet. This will, at the very least, show the titles for all your blog posts so you will have those all in one spreadsheet. You would just have to clean up the spreadsheet a bit to remove all the extra tabs. 

0 Upvotes
Phil_DM2

SOLVE

Sorry, I probably should mention how to do this! 

If you go to your Analytics Tools under Reports, navigate to Traffic Analytics and then Pages. Once you've selected your company blog as the main focus, update the date filter so it displays "All time" (that way you can see every blog you've published). Then, click the export button, and it should export as a ZIP file with several excel spreadsheets. 

0 Upvotes
KayleighN
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, thanks for helping me think of a workaround for this.

I've tried following the steps you outlined. The downloaded Excel sheets aren't readable at all. Each row just displays a url with a whole string of numbers behind it.

0 Upvotes
Phil_DM2

SOLVE

Hmm, when I did the export it had the first column as a bunch of complicated URLs (that seems to be the string of numbers you mentioned), but then the column next to it has the regular title of the blog page itself. I did notice that I had to expand the columns since it was very bunched together at first. Column B was the one that had the actual titles of the blog pages. 

0 Upvotes
KayleighN
Participant

SOLVE

Strange, that's not how it shows up for me. Only column A is filled with urls and numbers. From column B onwards there is no information if you expand everything.

Should the export files be opened in a different way?

0 Upvotes
Phil_DM2

SOLVE

When I export the data, it shows up in a Zip folder. When opened, it has a few different Excel spreadsheets in there, which are titled based on the metrics they are showing (ex. entrances, exits, bounce rate, raw page views, etc.). I then just open the files in Excel. I also checked to see if opening them in Numbers (since I use a Mac) would change anything, but the data still looks the same.

Before you do the export, what does your analytics page look like in HubSpot itself? Are you seeing columns displayed as "Page, Views, Entrances, Avg. Time on Page, Bounce Rate, and Exit Rate?" The column labeled "Page" should have the actual page title and then the URL below it. 

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

We can bulk export a .zip of blog posts in HTML form, but don't think we can export a list of posts in .csv format.

- see Export your content and data

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
arthurs
Contributor

SOLVE

MFrankJohnson has the right solution. You get a nice excel with all the key fields, so you can quickly review your blog.

BlogExport.png

0 Upvotes
Seahawksean
Participant

SOLVE
This is NOT a solution to the question.

Because this question was marked at Solved, it mislead me to think there was an actual solution to my problem instead of just presenting the same vague info about exporting data from Hubspot I have already found elsewhere.
0 Upvotes