Blog, Website & Page Publishing

TRaymondRoto
Participant

Existing E-Commerce Website - Forms, Landing Pages, Blogs

SOLVE

We have an E-Commerce website hosted on Adobe Commerce (Magento) and we have just become a Hubspot Customer.   I'm going through all the setup right now and I'm having difficulty figuring out the following areas.

Blogs - We currently host our blogs on the Magento platform hosted within the root domain in a /blogs subfolder.  My understanding is that from an SEO perspective, this is the recommended configuration.  Magento (through a plugin) provides a nice CMS for blog posts and we don't have any issues with the existing blog or it's functionality.   

Landing Pages - Again, Magento provides a decent CMS for creating content and landing pages.   They are hosted directly off the root of the main website.   That being said, we haven't really made use of Landing Pages as defined by HubSpot up to this point.   Since we operate an E-Commerce website, most of our Landing Pages have been centered around a product category.  No real call to action (CTAs), and no Forms requesting additional information.   Just product data and ocassional offers for a discount code.  That being said, we now see this as an obsticle to us generating leads and after going through the HubSpot content, we see the value in creating proper content pages with clear CTAs and offering the customer something worth them giving us their name/email.

Forms - I'm a little less worried about this one.  Forms can easily be created in Hubspot and embedded in the Magento Website.   However, I do take issue with the form builder in HubSpot itself as it doesn't support multi-page forms or forms with multiple levels of field dependancies.  As such, I'm looking at external forms from formcrafts.com as a replacement (they do support integration with Hubspot, so again, not worried about the ability to update the CRM).

I have the same issue with all three of these items.   Attribution and Reporting.   My understanding is that if I were to use the non-HubSpot versions of these, that I wouldn't be able to clearly get the attribution and marketing analytics that I would if I were to use the native HubSpot equivalents.

I could absolutely use HubSpot Landing Pages and Blogs, but to do so, I'd have to have them on a sub-domain, and everything that I've read says that from an SEO perspective, you want to keep it all in the same domain (IE: www.mysite.com/blog  instead of blog.mysite.com).

Has anyone else run into these issues?  Are you using your own landing pages and your own blog pages?   How do the analytics work when running in this fashion?  Are you able to use Hubspot Campaigns and still see all of the attribution at that level?   Is there any additional integration needed to get whatever we lose back?  Or am I off my rocker and you don't lose anything?  Looking to get any input on this, suggestions, points of view, etc.

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Happy to help @DianaGomez and thank you for gathering so much background!

Hi @TRaymondRoto, I've added further insights below for each question 

1. You're correct that subdomains can impact your SEO, with proper management using Google Search Console it can be done - especially if the benefits of hosting the blog natively in HubSpot will help you to create and deliver higher quality content.

For Landing Pages, SEO shouldn't matter - these are pages you don't want revealed in search as they should be form conversion pages for social, ads, etc. and you won't be indexing or optimizing social to begin with.

2. Campaigns will provide you the most comprehensive attribution, other reports will depend on your subscription - are you using Pro or Enterprise?

3. Connecting your Ad accounts to HubSpot will provide most of this insight, and CallRail has an integration for HubSpot as well.

4. The extension would allow you to bring your Magento data across and improve the tracking - the bigger question is how long do you plan on using both?

If the goal is to fully transition to HubSpot, using a subdomain now is the best interim solution to get your content migrated. You can easily update the domain at any time if you decide to migrate your website to HubSpot down the road (I can't recommend doing so enough, it's an incredibly powerful CMS and having all of your marketing content centralized is game-changing for conversions, optimization, and attribution.

Happy to help if you have further questions!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @TRaymondRoto

Thank you for reaching out to the community. I'd like to ask you some clarifying questions to pinpoint where your concerns lie. Let's delve a bit deeper to understand exactly what you need.

1. Are you looking to migrate your existing blogs and landing pages from Magento to HubSpot, or maintain them on Magento while using HubSpot for new content creation?

2. Do you currently use HubSpot Campaigns for your marketing activities and tracking purposes, or are you planning to implement them along with Landing Pages and Blogs?

3. What specific analytics and attribution data are you most concerned about preserving or enhancing by using HubSpot for your content creation and marketing efforts? 

4. Have you explored the Magento Integration with HubSpot?

By addressing these questions, we can better understand your current setup and objectives to provide more tailored recommendations and insights.

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

TRaymondRoto
Participant

SOLVE

Diana,

Thanks for your quick reply!  Please see my answers underneath your questions below.  If you need any further clarification, please let me know.

1. Are you looking to migrate your existing blogs and landing pages from Magento to HubSpot, or maintain them on Magento while using HubSpot for new content creation?

Maybe.  While I would love to use the blogs and landing pages as implemented by Hubspot, my understanding is that in order to do so, I will have to use a subdomain to do it (blog.mycompany.com,  info.mycompany.com, etc).  From what I understand from an SEO perspective, this isn't the best practice, after all, in the eyes of google, it's a seperate website.

2. Do you currently use HubSpot Campaigns for your marketing activities and tracking purposes, or are you planning to implement them along with Landing Pages and Blogs?
Since we are just now implementing Hubspot, we are not currently use Hubspot Campaigns.  However, as I mentioned before, I see the power in utilizing Hubspot's tools whenever possible.  Being able to track a campaign in it's entirety (Google Ads, Landing Pages, CTAs, blogs, etc) seems to be a powerful component especially when considering that attribution is one of the driving factors for our migration to Hubspot.

3. What specific analytics and attribution data are you most concerned about preserving or enhancing by using HubSpot for your content creation and marketing efforts? 
Primarily, we are trying to understand the paid side of attribution at this time.  How many people visited our website that came from xyz campaign (even down to the Ad level), and how many of those eventually purchased.  This is further complicated by the fact that 85% of our customers don't purchase online, but rather over the phone.  For that we use a product called CallRail to add in the phone attribution.

4. Have you explored the Magento Integration with HubSpot?
Yes and No.  While i haven't seen that particular integration, yes, we are fully intending on adding an integration from Magento to Hubspot very soon.   Still evaluating extensions to make sure we get the right one.  Would expect to make a decision on this within the next two weeks.

Overall since we are in the early transition phase, I'm trying to make sure that I don't end up going down the wrong path by making some bad decisions up front that will end up hurting me later.   If creating landing pages in Magento (with CTA's created and embedded from Hubspot), gets me where i need to be without having to create a subdomain, then great!  If my blogs are better off staying in Magento and not having them created/tracked through Hubspot, great as well.   But, if I am missing out on something; something that I will be upset about later because we went left when we should have gone right, that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks in Advance!
Todd

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @TRaymondRoto,

Thanks for answering all the questions and providing more details. Now that it's clearer what you're looking for, I'm going to invite our experts to join this conversation.

Hello @Lucila-Andimol, @Gilempert, @Jnix284 - do you have any suggestions for resolving @TRaymondRoto queries?

Thanks!

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Happy to help @DianaGomez and thank you for gathering so much background!

Hi @TRaymondRoto, I've added further insights below for each question 

1. You're correct that subdomains can impact your SEO, with proper management using Google Search Console it can be done - especially if the benefits of hosting the blog natively in HubSpot will help you to create and deliver higher quality content.

For Landing Pages, SEO shouldn't matter - these are pages you don't want revealed in search as they should be form conversion pages for social, ads, etc. and you won't be indexing or optimizing social to begin with.

2. Campaigns will provide you the most comprehensive attribution, other reports will depend on your subscription - are you using Pro or Enterprise?

3. Connecting your Ad accounts to HubSpot will provide most of this insight, and CallRail has an integration for HubSpot as well.

4. The extension would allow you to bring your Magento data across and improve the tracking - the bigger question is how long do you plan on using both?

If the goal is to fully transition to HubSpot, using a subdomain now is the best interim solution to get your content migrated. You can easily update the domain at any time if you decide to migrate your website to HubSpot down the road (I can't recommend doing so enough, it's an incredibly powerful CMS and having all of your marketing content centralized is game-changing for conversions, optimization, and attribution.

Happy to help if you have further questions!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin