Blog, Website & Page Publishing

MLee5
Participant

Enterprise - multiple domains??? Best way to create

SOLVE

Hello all - finally thawing out here in Baltimore, MD.

We just purchased Enterprise MKTG. We have 2 main "groups" so thus two main domains, let's call them AA and BB, but we also have 3 smaller "domains" let's call them XX, YY and ZZ.

We've created blogs, emails and landing pages for AA and BB.  XX and YY are somewhat unrelated companies which have overlapping interests with AA and ZZ is same, but with BB.

I'm trying to create workflows and data analytics, reporting etc for XX, YY and ZZ.  Any best way to do so, without having to create Brand Domains which cost $700 a month (way to much). 

I was thinking I could create some sort of subdomain like blogs.AA.com/XX or XX.Blogs.AA.com  for instance and just route everything through the main domains.  Issue is that if we create great SEO it will be for a site that isn't really related.

Then I was wondering that since we have our own team of web programmers (not a box site) we could just create the blogs/lpages on our own and use Hubspot CTAs and lists and monitoring to track it for us?  Can you do that?  What's the best way?  Can you also use workflows this way? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MLee5,

With the need to incorporate Workflows, I'm not sure of a more cost-effective way to accomplish this. If Workflows weren't part of the scenario, I'd probably suggest considering the CMS Hub for the small brand. 

Please take this as my thoughts based on a limited understanding of the full situation.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MLee5,

With the need to incorporate Workflows, I'm not sure of a more cost-effective way to accomplish this. If Workflows weren't part of the scenario, I'd probably suggest considering the CMS Hub for the small brand. 

Please take this as my thoughts based on a limited understanding of the full situation.

Josh

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

Josh

SOLVE

Hi @MLee5,

Tough situation here.  I think you could make the workflows work as desired, but probably not the cleanest. Same with reporting. It's going to get fairly convoluted for your reporting team if you want to see analytics on a brand-by-brand basis, unless you won't be relying on HubSpot Reports. You could probably get high-level KPIs set up to show you what you need, but the challenge will be when digging for in-depth analysis. From my experience, it will take much more time than if the domains were truly separate.

I'm interested in hearing other people's take on this.

Thanks for the ping @sharonlicari 

Josh

Josh Curcio

MLee5
Participant

SOLVE

Josh, thank you so much for the insight.  So, do you think there's a solution for my problem (which seems to be one brand is too small to consider making it into a brand domain) or better to figure out a less expensive way to set up a brand domain (meaning free hubspot? - but again then I can't make the contacts which could be a lot into marketing contacts).  thanks.

Michael

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MLee5 

I hope you are doing great! I'll tag a few experts that can share their thoughts

Hey @Kevin-C @Josh @rikkilear any advise you can give @MLee5?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes