Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Taytertots
Participante

Enable SSL on landing pages

resolver

Hello,

I have the "Require HTTPS" setting turned on for my landing page URLs:ssl-setting.png

but when I load (info.ensightplus.com) I'm not seeing the little green "lock" icon in the address bar, and if I click for more info, it says the page isn't secure (without explaining what element(s) aren't secure. I checked the page's javascript source and didn't find any mixed content or issues with my css:

errors-javascript.pngThe errors that did appear are related to Google Ads tracking and, I think, Hubspot scripts.

Any info on how to solve this/get the SSL to work would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and happy early New Year!

-LT

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Aakar
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @Taytertots

It takes time to propagate the SSL when you turn it on for the first time. Maybe, that's why you saw those issues. 

Did you check it again? It says the connection is secure. There's no issue. However, I suggest updating the URLs to https in the tracking scripts. 

Moreover, these days Chrome does not show the green lock (Firefox still does). Here's Google's guide to check the site's connection.

Thanks.Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 10.59.51 AM.png 

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 10.51.25 AM.png

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
6 Respuestas 6
Aakar
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @Taytertots

It takes time to propagate the SSL when you turn it on for the first time. Maybe, that's why you saw those issues. 

Did you check it again? It says the connection is secure. There's no issue. However, I suggest updating the URLs to https in the tracking scripts. 

Moreover, these days Chrome does not show the green lock (Firefox still does). Here's Google's guide to check the site's connection.

Thanks.Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 10.59.51 AM.png 

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 10.51.25 AM.png

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
0 Me gusta
stemount
Participante

resolver

Hey @Aakar @Taytertots I've got a question about Marketing Hub Starter - I use HubSpot Landing Pages for other folks with Marketing Enterprise/Sales Enterprise, but SSL is a "feature" of Marketing Hub Enterprise - surely nowadays SSL actually is bundled in with a landing pages and HubSpot don't hold you over a barrel without an SSL certificate for your landing pages if you are only on a $50 plan?

0 Me gusta
Aakar
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hey @stemount 

I'm not sure about the Marketing Hub Starter plan. If you can use HubSpot landing pages, then there could be a way to use SSL in your HubSpot landing pages. Or you may want to try out Cloudflare's SSL? They provide it for free as well.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
0 Me gusta
DWhitmore
Miembro

resolver

Hi,

I recently created my first landing page. It is not secure. I do have the free plan and I wonder if this has something to do with it. Is it possible to make my landing page secure? I cannot find where to do this within Settings.

0 Me gusta
Aakar
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @DWhitmore 

I don't know what is available with the HubSpot free plan. If SSL is not available on HubSpot for you, you can use services like Cloudflare which offers free SSL.

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
0 Me gusta
Taytertots
Participante

resolver

Good morning @Aakar, you were right it was a caching/browser issue. Once I reviewed it in a private window I saw the green lock as well.

Thank you!