Blog, Website & Page Publishing

sberry11
Top Contributor

Embed YouTube Video in Template - Won't Allow Full-Screen

I am making a template so I can have a resource type page of all of our instructional videos. Basically, a bunch of video squares with the title below it. I would like them embedded and there is a built in module for that. Everything is quite easy actually, but when I click the symbol in the bottom right corner to make it expand to full-screen it says "Full screen is unavailable." I think it's because you use the YouTube video link versus the embed code. Can I change this? Is there a better way to do this?

2 Replies 2
mike-ward
Key Advisor

Hi @sberry11 ,

Can you share a preview link to the page you're working on? It'll be much easier to debug if you can.

'Full screen unavailable' I think is set by the video owner on YT to either be allowed or disallowed -- do these videos have the correct option set? Otherwise perhaps the allowfullscreen option is not being added to the iframe.

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

0 Upvotes
sberry11
Top Contributor

Hi Mike - Good idea. Here is a link to the page I'm working on. From what I've read there are settings in YouTube as well, but from what I see I have everything available. When I copy the embed code from YouTube it says full screen is allowed:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rb90fhzTpsk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm assuming it has to be something in the HS embed video module. I'm just not sure what to do or where to look. I appreciate your help.